FiberGlass.. What Not To Do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiberGlass.. What Not To Do

Dont use staples to hold the fleece to your wooden frame.
    Dont Leave your brush in the bucket with the left over resin.
    DO Wear Gloves.

My first time with glass and I learned so much. Now need more resin and find someone who will love me even though my hands are now fiberglassed.
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Originally posted by SjLucky
    Dont use staples to hold the fleece to your wooden frame.

staples are fine as long as you are ABLE to REMOVE them after the first layer of resin
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

sj we need to see a pic of your hands
      FEEL THE RUSH
      P4 1.7, 1gb sdram, 40gb 7200, ati dual video, 5.6" In dash, 13" lcd touch screen in back.
      96 gt conv. Mustang

Comment

why dont use staples or remove them i used staples in everything i did and left them there cant see anything wrong with it

cheers
        pcman
        donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

You forgot one important thing about fiberglass resin. dont get it in your eyes. It cause instant permenent blindness up on contact. So please always always wear safety goggle.
          NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
          If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cproaudio
            You forgot one important thing about fiberglass resin. dont get it in your eyes. It cause instant permenent blindness up on contact. So please always always wear safety goggle.

This is a good thing to know
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

That would be very bad to have it in your eyes unless your wife is ugly.
              FEEL THE RUSH
              P4 1.7, 1gb sdram, 40gb 7200, ati dual video, 5.6" In dash, 13" lcd touch screen in back.
              96 gt conv. Mustang

Comment

I have some how managed to remove the top layer of skin on m hands thus remove the fiberglass
                The reason why I said not to use staples is that my fleece ripped like crazy and had to redo my first layer.

Comment

The first time I bondoe'd my 240Z I glued my left hand to the rocker panel.

That Sucked!
                  Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                  Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

LOL.. that's funny.. was it hard to get off?

Comment

If I remember correctly, Acetone seperated my hand from the car but I gave up some skin before my friend let me know that.
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Acetone!!!! I knew there was something out there to get it off.. and I'm the sucker with a belt sander and bloody hands. Man Im such an idiot. Oh well!!

Comment

Belt Sander!!! LOL

Comment

Coupla fiberglass suggestions:

Home Depot sells cheap latex gloves, 100 to the box. Buy them... wear them... when you start getting stuff stuck to your gloves, rip them off and put on another pair. It doesn't take long at all and helps keep things much nicer.

Home Depot also sells cheapo brushes ($.25 each or so) and little disposable paint trays. These are great; just use one each for a batch of resin and toss 'em.

Comment

pfff gloves!! Who needs gloves when you have a belt sander and 14 layers of skin to work through? Just Kiddin.
                              I ran out of gloves. I must steal some from my Aunt. You know what would be easier, a spray. if you spray this crap on man it would go like butter.

Comment

Working...
                              X