Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car remote control

Hi guys,
    I drive a VW golf that has power locks with a remote control. I was wondering if there is a way of amplifying the RF signal? right now I need to be very close to the car (5-6 feet) for the remote to unlock the doors. I tried replacing the batteries in the remote but that did not help.
    What I am trying to accomplish is to install a remote starter that will work with my remote control (something like this).
    Any ideas will be appreciated!!

If you have any kind of metalic tint this will kill the RF coming out of the car or going in. I had the same issue with my RX-7. When I moved the alarm to my Grand Prix the distance was awesome. BTW this is the alarm I have.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

I have this problem with my aftermarket alarm that came with my car- the closest I can get it is about a foot or two if I lift the fob up in the air.
      One trick that will amplify the signal is to put the fob to your chin and let the signal amplify out your head.... - I read this somewhere and it somehow works. Just don't do it when there's people looking....
      In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")
      Bunny's first poo
      __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
        I have this problem with my aftermarket alarm that came with my car- the closest I can get it is about a foot or two if I lift the fob up in the air.
        One trick that will amplify the signal is to put the fob to your chin and let the signal amplify out your head.... - I read this somewhere and it somehow works. Just don't do it when there's people looking....
        Heh, I see people doing that all the time here in AK. It's the only way we can get our auto-starts to start up from inside a building

Comment

Working...
        X