My Custom Plexi Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Custom Plexi Case

I'm not quite done yet, but here is what I have so far. I've still got some cleaning up to do, but it's getting there.
    Attached Files
    http://soniccobra03.150m.com/Pictures/CobraBanner.jpg

Almost forgot, Here is what it is going in:
    Attached Files

Comment

My boy's got a Snake what's yours runnin in the 1/4?

Comment

Originally posted by SWYZ721
        My boy's got a Snake what's yours runnin in the 1/4?
        1/4 - 12.2 seconds with a 2.2 60'

The '03s are torque monsters with the peak torque at 3500 rpms. Hard as hell to launch, even with Nitto Dr's. I've got suspension work coming, IRS bushing, sub-frame connectors, coils, DR loop, getting put on next week. Hopefully I can put the power to the ground. On my last video with the 12.2 run, I'm spinning all through first and wheel hoppin through second. I'm still trapping 119, but I should be mid to high 11's with the power I've got at the wheels. I've been thinking about at a small dry shot also. The supercharger heats things up so much that most '03 cobras are netting 60rwhp with just a 30 shot. Next spring I'm probably going with a KB twin screw . With my current mods and a KB @15psi = 550rwhp with a conservative tune.

Comment

Your Cobra sucks. Take my GT and I'll take that piece of crap off your hands.
          J/K. I haven't posted that much, but I've been going to this site for about 2 years now, and it's great to see another Mustang on the boards. How do you plan on mounting the screen? I'm going to do mine over the winter when mine's in storage, but I haven't decided where I'm going to mount the screen yet.

Awesome Cobra, BTW.

Comment

LOL, my little sister has a 2002 GT. Thanks for the compliments. Ok, enough joking around. I plan on removing the radio bezel and then fabing a sheet metal brace that is attached at the AC panel screws and then run up above the vents and then put the bezel back on. I have a bracket like that now for my palm autotap. I just attached to the AC panel screws and bezel fits over it. If that doesn't work, then well....., its going to work! Hopefully. I'll scrap the project before I cut up my car, I don't want to do anything that is permenant.

Car will be garaged all winter, so by the time my screen gets delivered I won't be able to use it until spring.

Comment

Nice car! I have a Mustang also...
              It's a 1987 GT Convertible with a 306, TFS twisted wedge heads - stage 2 port by Bennett, E-303 cam, 1.6 Rockers, Pro-M 77mm MAF, GT-40 Intake, 70mm Throttle Body and EGR spacer, Paxton 6 lb. blower with the VR-4 upgrade (Yeah, I know it's old, but it works), and a NOS 5115 nitrous kit which I haven't used yet. I ran it at the track but with the combination of 2.73 gears (I know, I know ) and stock pony wheels, it only ran 13.43 @ 115 MPH. I haven't had it tuned yet...and I'm certain it needs to be leaned out down low and possibly fattened up - up top. My best 60' that day was a horrible 2.467 (It was either bog or spin wildly).

Those new Cobras are awesome. I was at Larocca's Performance with my friend while he was getting his car tuned and Andrew (one of the tuners) was saying that you can easily get 500 hp out of those cars with a pulley and a chip (tune). Nice to have a warranty, too

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures of my car.

Good to see other Mustang owners here!

- Jeff
              95 Mustang GT Convertible
              87 Mustang GT Convertible
              My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Nice ride. You need to work on those 60' times though. Your trap speed is doing good enough for low to mid 12's. As far as the new Cobras, 500rwhp is tough to get with the stock eaton, even with a upper and lower pulley change. Once you start going past 14lbs of boost the only thing that goes up is Torque and the heat soak.

Apten Performance here in StL can port the eaton out for about another 40rwhp which will get me over the 500 mark , next goal is 600rwhp, but I'll have to go with a twin screw blower for that. As far as the bottom end goes, it's all forged coming from the factory , It can hold 800rwhp easily.

Once over the 500 mark though alot of things have to be upgrade. Injectors, MAF, etc. The main thing though is the half shafts, lol. They barely hold up now as it is.

Comment

nice let me guess you used methleye chloride to put your case together? And ..12.2? DAMM.
                  Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by samc
                    nice let me guess you used methleye chloride to put your case together? And ..12.2? DAMM.
                    Actually I just used Goop for plastics. I stood on the box after I was done and it held up so I think it will be ok . We'll just have to see how it reacts to heat. Oh, and the 12.2 isn't that great considering my mods. Stock '03 Cobra's are in the 12.6-13.0 range. I just can't get the extra torque to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicCobra03
                      Nice ride. You need to work on those 60' times though. Your trap speed is doing good enough for low to mid 12's. As far as the new Cobras, 500rwhp is tough to get with the stock eaton, even with a upper and lower pulley change. Once you start going past 14lbs of boost the only thing that goes up is Torque and the heat soak.

Apten Performance here in StL can port the eaton out for about another 40rwhp which will get me over the 500 mark , next goal is 600rwhp, but I'll have to go with a twin screw blower for that. As far as the bottom end goes, it's all forged coming from the factory , It can hold 800rwhp easily.

Once over the 500 mark though alot of things have to be upgrade. Injectors, MAF, etc. The main thing though is the half shafts, lol. They barely hold up now as it is.

Yeah, that Kenne Bell Setup is cool. 600 is very attainable with that blower. What HP level are the stock injectors good for? I only put 30#ers in mine...I think it's on the ragged edge. I talked to the guys at LaRocca and they seem to like bigger injectors - without going beyond the duty cycle. But then I have to get my MAF recalibrated, etc...but if it will make it a safer tune, I'm willing to go with it. Yeah, my 60' times suck...the car would either bog or spin. Once it starts to spin, there's not a whole lot you can do. I need to put a drag radial or a slick on the car. I agree with your estimates for my ET with that trap speed. I couldn't put a tire on the car because I don't have any (gulp) sub frame connectors.

Are you on the Corral?
                      I have a friend who has a nice Cobra convertible with a built Cobra motor and a Novi 2000. His username was Novi, but I think he changed it...I'll have to look to see what it is. But his car made 543 HP with a conservative tune and small boost (can't remember the exact number). That blower is sick! It can put out 20+ lbs. of boost. We were going to take it to the track (Englishtown) after getting it tuned but it rained... Ahh well, maybe it's all for the best as he didn't have a tire on the car - just the 'stock' 18's on his Cobra R rims.

- Jeff
                      95 Mustang GT Convertible
                      87 Mustang GT Convertible
                      My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Our stock injectors are 39#. They are good for about 500rwhp.

Comment

Working...
                        X