Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standby with touchkit problem...

Hello all,

I have the following problem. After a full reboot when I try to put the computer in standby, I get "...touchkit is preventing windows standby...".
    I have a VIA EPIA 1Ghz (Nehemiah) MB and a Xenarc USB touchscreen and running Windows XP Pro.

I tried all kind of things and this is what I found:
    1) This only happens when the bios is set to do S3. If it is set to do S1 or S1&S3 the standby works fine. BUT it will only do real suspend to ram if the bios is set to S3.
    2) With the bios set to S3, hibernate works.
    3) After the computer comes back from hibernate once, standby works as well.

What I do now is to boot the computer (if I have to), put it in hibernate immediately, bring it out of hibernate and than use standby with no problems.
    Does anybody know either how to solve this or how to force standby?

Thanks

Originally posted by Izik
    Hello all,

I have the following problem. After a full reboot when I try to put the computer in standby, I get "...touchkit is preventing windows standby...".
    I have a VIA EPIA 1Ghz (Nehemiah) MB and a Xenarc USB touchscreen and running Windows XP Pro.

I tried all kind of things and this is what I found:
    1) This only happens when the bios is set to do S3. If it is set to do S1 or S1&S3 the standby works fine. BUT it will only do real suspend to ram if the bios is set to S3.
    2) With the bios set to S3, hibernate works.
    3) After the computer comes back from hibernate once, standby works as well.

What I do now is to boot the computer (if I have to), put it in hibernate immediately, bring it out of hibernate and than use standby with no problems.
    Does anybody know either how to solve this or how to force standby?

Thanks
    Ewwww... BIOS conflicts. That's just gross man! Sounds like you could do with an updated BIOS (if available) or possibly some updates to teh Windows? Check WindowsUpdate.com (I know, not the right site, but it forwards you to the right place, so shut up), and take a look at the drivers submenu. You might find something there after it runs a quick scan of your hardware. Snag it and see what it does then!
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
      Ewwww... BIOS conflicts. That's just gross man! Sounds like you could do with an updated BIOS (if available) or possibly some updates to teh Windows? Check WindowsUpdate.com (I know, not the right site, but it forwards you to the right place, so shut up), and take a look at the drivers submenu. You might find something there after it runs a quick scan of your hardware. Snag it and see what it does then!
      Thanks for the reply but unfortunately there is no bios update or a newer driver... I am surprised that other people don't have this problem since I thought many used both this MB and touch screen. If someone out there have this configuration and it is working please post...

Comment

You're not the only one

I just my system set up, and the first time I tried a suspend, I got the same error. I haven't played with the bios as much as you have. Did you ever find a solution??

thanks
        Skippy

Comment

I upgraded to the new V.3.2.0 driver and the problem is gone.

Comment

Boy that was quick!

Thanks, but now I've got a dumb question, where did you get the drivers? I found these
            I went to Armen's site, but I'm not sure they are the latest ones.
            Skippy

Comment

I used these: http://www.xenarc.com/download.html all the way at the bottom of the page.

Comment

No Luck

I tried the latest drivers and it was a no go. XP still will not suspend. I will try the hinernate/suspend and see if that helps.
                Skippy

Comment

Originally posted by skippy_geek
                  I tried the latest drivers and it was a no go. XP still will not suspend. I will try the hinernate/suspend and see if that helps.
                  Skippy, did you ever fix that suspend issue??

I hit it today and mucked around in BIOS trying different setting, updating drivers and think I kicked its *** after 3 hours on it... I found several ways that it would work, and then not work all depending on how you initiate the suspend. Currently I have it in S3 and suspending from the power button & ITPS and from in XP.
                  No help from Intouch or their crappy support site.

Let me know if you need the settings.

Comment

i was having problems with the touchscreen drivers and standby but once i upgraded drivers to the latest that are available on the website everythign was fine
                    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                    X