Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future Of The Car-Puter (anyone seen this?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future Of The Car-Puter (anyone seen this?)

Hey I found a post on this awsome new product. It is a standard 5.25" dvd drive but it has a face like a car stereo and wood look good in the dash of a car even under the aftermarket stereo in most cars. (you know that stupid liitl slot you have under the neww stereo b/c the factory units are huge.) Anyway other than this post http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...826#post139826

I can't find it.

Here is a website that shows it:

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer...203/index.html

If you see it you will understand what I mean about this being the future of the carputer. Imagine having a great looking small (head unit) that you put your movies in or cd's and a great touch screen interface to control it. I gotta have one I am going to start callin this company if any one knows where to get post up.

Is there a reason why you had to start a new thread instead of posting in the already active one?

Comment

Because Smart *** I want some information on this product and the only way to do that is start a new thread. The other one was getting negative against the product. I just want info on it no B.S. If you don't like it go to one of the other million hard to find posts in this forum. You smart-a$$

Comment

Originally posted by thecar-puter
        Because Smart *** I want some information on this product and the only way to do that is start a new thread. The other one was getting negative against the product. I just want info on it no B.S. If you don't like it go to one of the other million hard to find posts in this forum. You smart-a$$
        hehehehe you told him!!!! I agree with you, I hate it when you ask a very clear question and get a stupid answer from someone who is just trying to be difficult.
        Check out the progress of my carputer at http://www.monkeytails.net

Comment

Hey nice attitude...

Don't get how this would be the future of the "car-puter".
          It can't do half the things I want from my project.

//

Jointer, Sweden

[Project in progress]

Comment

by future I just mean a in dash DVD/cd-rom drive that doen't look like it belongs in a computer. Some car-puters look crappy because they look "too thrown together" I just thought it was great for those who wanted a car-puter but also wanted it not to detract from the styling of the car.

So sweeden I guess your in car computer will have no dvd or CD-rom capabilities oh that sounds great.

Comment

I saw this when it was first anounced...I thought it was really cool untill I saw the specs for the audio. The SNR and CS are not anything to write home about. But it does work with out the puter being booted. But I still couldn't get past an SNR of 75db and a CS of 50db(!!!). Yuck.
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Ummm, excuse me? Who is the *** here?

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                  ... But it does work with out the puter being booted...
                  As I understand it, This is nothing new. Many CD-roms are able to play a CD without a computer attached. All it needs is power, and it output's through the front headphone jack. No doubt they used this idea when making the unit. DVD playback while the computer is off would be rather sweet though.

I'm still not impressed by it. Personaly I don't really see a need for it in my car computer setup. Any media I want to enjoy will already be on the hard drive. So why would I need an optical drive? Also. I think it's pretty ugly.

Sure it's a neat idea, but it's not part of my future.
                  A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
                  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

by future I just mean a in dash DVD/cd-rom drive that doen't look like it belongs in a computer. Some car-puters look crappy because they look "too thrown together" I just thought it was great for those who wanted a car-puter but also wanted it not to detract from the styling of the car.

So sweeden I guess your in car computer will have no dvd or CD-rom capabilities oh that sounds great.

Not all of the car computers are thrown together. Have you seen the espresso and cuppuchino units? They are as good as they can come. Espresso, the unit I use do not have CD (unless I use a USB option) and I am fine with it. I never had a need for a CD or DVD in a car. I have over 300 movies on DVD and all of them are ripped for my use on my computer. To each their own.

If you want more information, the best place is to send an email to the makers of the hardware rather than us. Most of use built car computers and knows what is good and bad by the first or second look. Many of use including myself have built more than one carPC. We can tell if it is going to be truely functional part of just a waste of money (something we can program really quickly).
                    - Lwin M. Maung
                    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Guys I am sorry about the tone of my original post. I actually came in late one night drunk and trashed. I don't even rember writing this. I was just trying to say I saw a couple of installs with in dash dvd drives. I personally think a dvd drive is necasary in a carputer. Being able to transfer 4.7gb with a $100 piece of equipment is unbeatable.
                      Anyway my spelling was horrible in my last post and I came off as a moron. Serpah and whoever else I ofended I apologize. I still think a unit that is a dvd drive yet looks like a car stereo would seel great if the price was right.
                      {edited Original Post}
                      I worked doing car instalation for almost eight years, and I know a good bit about how a good instal works. I have saw many near flaw-less installs even a few that any shop I worked at would've charged thousands for.
                      But I posted this topic to see if any one knew about it not to get some pompus answers from people with way too much time on their hands.

All I want to know and the only reason I started this thread was to get peoples in-put on the drive and if anyone knew where to get it.

Sorry about the sloppines of my last post.

Comment

Still mising the point . Ok you all are computer wizes lets get that straight, but Even some of the best in stall look funny. I have worked for 08 years di=oing audio insta;latin, this devie would allow for cd input very easily. I posted this topic to see if any one knew about it not to get somw pompus answeres from people with way too much time on their hands. Oh i have more than on car pc too and I built them both in les than a wek it dosen't make you special.

Again all I want to know is has anyone sen this or a similar product if you want to be "funny" then stick it up ur @ss
                        For your information

That's a nice reply. Have I seen similar products? Yes I have. Do a
                        Search for Xenarc PC. Why did you not ask us if we have seen such products before? I actually don't have much time on my hand. I am busy writing my own front end and taking Oracle DBA cert exams.

Funny looking installs are all in the eyes of the beholder or the end user. It all depends on your needs and styles. I personally think that my SVX is one of the nicest looking cars on the road (design wise) but you may not think so. But I am entitled to have my own opinion.

I was not trying to give you a pompous answer. Also, 8 years of audio install does not mean much at all. Not to me anyways. I know people who have ASE certs and can't trouble shoot a car even if their lives depends on it.
                        - Lwin M. Maung
                        If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

fluffy2097 >>> Also. I think it's pretty ugly.

Comment

Still mising the point . Ok you all are computer wizes lets get that straight, but Even some of the best in stall look funny. I have worked for 08 years di=oing audio insta;latin, this devie would allow for cd input very easily. I posted this topic to see if any one knew about it not to get somw pompus answeres from people with way too much time on their hands. Oh i have more than on car pc too and I built them both in les than a wek it dosen't make you special.

Again all I want to know is has anyone sen this or a similar product if you want to be "funny" then stick it up ur @ss
                            For your information
                            You seem to be operating under the assumption that by us saying we don't like a specific piece of hardware, that we are personally attacking you.

We aren't.

Diversity is essential to a successful system. If everyone reacted the same way to every piece of kit that gets posted here, how would we gain any useful information at all?

I'm willing to bet, that a lot of places you go, you feel like people don't give you the respect that you deserve. There's a very simple reason for this, and you would do well to listen to what I have to say, it just might help you out a lot in life.

Just because we don't like a piece of hardware that you like, doesn’t mean we don't like you. You would do well to remember this, because when you get angry and attack people over people not having the same opinions you do, nobody will ever like you.

There is nobody here who is "out to get you" or trying to humiliate you. If someone says they don't like something, you should listen to what they have to say, and decide whether or not the problem they have with it, is a problem to you. If it is, you have learned something you did not originally consider, and have saved yourself some money. If it's not, use the part, and move on with your life.

I want you to sit and read this message again. Because right now I'm sure you're very upset at me for attacking and making fun of you. I did not once make a personal attack on you. I do not think you're an *******, a jerk a fascist, or a prick. I just think you need to relax a little and realize that everyone is here to help each other.
                            A digital mind lost in an analog world.

Learn to ask smart questions!
                            http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

My car PC: The Lost Cause!

Comment

I dont think hes upset with you...you didnt attack him either, infact no one did

Comment

Working...
                              X