X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do These Pics Look Familiar?

I was looking around Ebay for an LCD and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48609

It looks like the guy is using pics from user installs in this forum. The question is, did he get permission to use the pictures or does anyone really care? I know everyone's worked hard on their installs, I just don't want to see anyone exploited to someone else's profit.

WHAT??? The second pic from top on the left is a Maxima, NO PHOOKING WAY they can fit 10.4" into there. I can't even fit a 7" without parting it out

interesting, maybe it's somebody from the board?
    Current Status: For Sale

Specs
    - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
    - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
    - DeLorme GPS (sold)
    - Power Inverter (sold)
    - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

I hate it when people steal images - remember that time when someone put an overlay on their photo bagging them for stealing images - nice work.

It's probably not worth complaining to ebay - I suspect they'll do nothing.

C!
      http://carpc.riposte.net
      I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

The third one down is Osi's old car. DAMN I hate when people leach images like that...
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

I wonder if the guy is hosting the pic himself or not, if he's not Osi should change the pic to something really weird

Comment

Originally posted by CptnDipshit
            I wonder if the guy is hosting the pic himself or not, if he's not Osi should change the pic to something really weird
            Looks like he uploaded the pics to Ebay

Which means it can't be changed to a "stop stealing pictures...pwn3d" picture

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Contact ebay (the owner of the pictures must contact them). They should pull the images or even the auction.

I usually put a simple overlay/watermark on my images that I feel someone would steal.

I love how it not even the same screen in all the pictures.
              ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
              Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
              All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
              Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

Thats my auction, if you guys want, I will remove the pics that you feel I should
                Eric

Comment

Arby's car in in there also. I think he has them hosted by E-Bay. The URL for arby's pic is http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/01/07/bd/b1_1.JPG and they all start with ebayimg.com.

I think we should complain to E-bay.
                  2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

Just leave the guy negative feedback.
                    Don't Click

Comment

hello!!! did you see what I wrote...THIS IS MY AUCTION!!!

Originally posted by outragis
                      Thats my auction, if you guys want, I will remove the pics that you feel I should
                      Eric

Comment

If they were my pics I wouldn't care. I'd be honored that he chose to use them as examples of what can be done with an LCD screen in a car.
                        Fabricator

Comment

I revised it and took out those pics, and left mine!!! sorry to offend someome, I just showcased some nice installs!!!

Comment

Might be nice next time to get permission.
                            current projects

Comment

Damm people freak out over pictures.
                              CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
                              Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Working...
                              X