Changing bootup logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing bootup logo

Hey guys, does anyone know how to change the windows xp logo when you bootup windows. I am talking about the logo that comes up before the login screen. I have seen the logo changed before but don't remember where I saw it. I believe I saw it at the homepage of one of the members on this site.

I am not sure how it change it. Do you just replace a file and if so where is this file located? Also is there a way to change the windows logo on the login screen as well. I am not talking about the logo next to the screen names but the actual windows logo. If anyone knows how to changes these logos it would be great, I think other members may be interested as well. You could change the logo to you cars logo or whatever you like.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Looks slightly more complicated than replacing a file, but it looks do-able. I found this link searching Google. Looks like it's only for the boot up Logo with Load progress bar.

http://creideiki.cjb.net/creations/p...logos-xp.shtml

Comment

www.themexp.org

Comment

Search for a little proggie called BootXP. It takes a lot of the hassle out of it, simply drag and drop a picture into the program and POW!! you have a new boot up logo.

You will have to modify the boot.ini file once it works because it backs up the original boot up, resulting in a menu option on start up asking which OS configuration you wish to use. If your like me you won't want this so just remove the backed up configuration from the boot.ini once you've tested and it works.
        Caputer Mk. II
        '02 VX Holden Commodore Series II Executive
        MII12000, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD (5400rpm), 16X DVD, TS200V
        Morex 60W DC-DC, Custom S/SDC
        OS/Software: Developing...

Comment

This one would be appropriate for a CarPuter (from ThemeXP):

http://www.themexp.org/view_info.php?id=41498

Comment

Hey guys great links.

According to the links it does not seem hard to change the boot screen and bootXP seem even easier. I like the fast edition theme from themexp.org as well.

Does anyone know how to change the windows logo in the login screen as well? Are there any programs like bootXP which change this logo?
            Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Yeah that link is awesome. um just dont forget when downloading them for xp make sure you use the correct .exe for xp with or without service pack1.
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjh221
                Yeah that link is awesome. um just dont forget when downloading them for xp make sure you use the correct .exe for xp with or without service pack1.
                What do you mean by downloading the correct .exe
                Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

well do you have serice pack 1 update for xp? if so then you would use ntoskrnlSP.exe and reaname that one. if you dont have service pack 1 then you would get ntoskrnl.exe and not have to rename. if you dont get the right one you could run into some frusterating problems. just read some of the readme's they come with.
                  I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                  Buy Sell or Trade
                  If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                  Thank you
                  Forex
                  Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
                    Hey guys great links.

According to the links it does not seem hard to change the boot screen and bootXP seem even easier. I like the fast edition theme from themexp.org as well.

Does anyone know how to change the windows logo in the login screen as well? Are there any programs like bootXP which change this logo?
                    Ya search for Chameleon or use Logon Studio from WinCustomize (Object Desktop)
                    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

Comment

Nice, Spaceboy464

I really like Logon Studio. The skins for it are also really nice. I going to mess around with Logon Studio and see what I come up with.

I didn't find anything on Chameleon. The search brougt up unrelated things. I was not able to find anything on it. A link would be appreciated.
                      Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
                        Nice, Spaceboy464

I really like Logon Studio. The skins for it are also really nice. I going to mess around with Logon Studio and see what I come up with.

I didn't find anything on Chameleon. The search brougt up unrelated things. I was not able to find anything on it. A link would be appreciated.
                        Yes, Logon Studio is great. I don't know what happend with Chameleon, it could have just faded away. It was cool but very buggy. I think Logon Studio is better. I know the site for Chameleon was on geocities.com and I think I found the link on themexp.org forums. I don't have the link any more. Sorry.
                        2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

Comment

Working...
                        X