Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you use for equalizer/volume settings, etc.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you use for equalizer/volume settings, etc.?

i will be setting up my carputer in a month or so. anway, I was wondering where most people change their volume and equalizer settings. for instance, i will have the sound out on the pc connected to the aux in, on the back of my kenwood head unit. so should i change the volume and equalizer settings in winamp itself when i'm playing mp3s, or should i adjust the volume and eq curve on my head unit, like if i was listening to the radio or a cd or something? if i adjust the volume and eq on my head unit, then what should i keep the settings at in winamp, and if i adjust with winamp, what should i keep the volume and eq at on my head unit.
    thanks much for the help
    ps - is there any way to get the 5.1 surround sound, but still connect to the aux in on the back of my deck? i would like the surround sound, but seems like it would be a hassle. currently my head unit powers my rear speaks, a 4 channel amp powers my front components, and a mono amp to my subs. thanks again
    Looking to buy or sell a home in Southeastern CT?
    Click here: timfrederick.prudentialct.com

I like winamp 5's built in equaliser myself, the only downside is that there it takes a second or so for the EQ to change after you fiddle with it.
    My Setup

Comment

i use the volume control in media car and the audigy2 nx eq
      Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
      Mods: Yep
      Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

but do you have a deck/head unit, other than the computer? if so, what volume do you keep that at. for instance, if i use the volume control in media car, what volume should i set on my head unit. because the sound is actually send through the aux input on the back of the deck.

Comment

oh.. i have my audigy plugged in directly to my amp.. no head unit
          Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

thats what i should do. bcuz if i go directly to my amps, then i can have surround sound too. what kind of cable/wire did you use?

Comment

1/8in to rca

Comment

I use a Clarion line driver/EQ instead of a Head unit. Sounds card goes directly to that and then sends rca's to the amps. Has separate sub volume, as well as low, mid, mid high, and high. Works great

See Pic of the EQ here
                Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
                Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Working...
                X