No announcement yet.

UK carpc community

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK carpc community

Currently building a community for all us UK members, containing everything from UK suppliers to circuits & reviews. Anyone got any idea's they'd like to throw into the pot?

PS. I'm also looking for some people willing to put together reviews on carpc hardware/software. email [email protected] - The UK CarPC Forum

Well, I found out that Diamondpoint are a UK agent for the Dr-Berghaus range of TFT controller boards. I've just orderered a replacement controller, and cable set for the Toshiba screen I have after I broke the original controller. Cables, Controller, OSD panel, and p&P and VAT came to 189 and they will sell single orders as well as account buying.

I can offer any assistance if I you want it. Work for a web dev firm in Manchester, as well as being into the carPCs as a hobby.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

I can certainly try to help out

With my 600 odd posts here i'm sure I can dig up enough information I've posted to last someone reading solidly for a week!

Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E

cool, the site is (I think we need to encompass more than just mp3 playback these days)
        Skraggy - how are your php skills?
        James - The UK CarPC Forum

I can knock togethersome bits and pieces.
          4x4 in a turbo stylee.

I think a good idea would be a hardware section and categories such as Audio, PSU, Motherboards etc with useful items and some suppliers.

USB adaptor suppliers
            PCI card Exitgy suppliers
            Audi S8 supercar
            Modded Xbox 400GB HD
            Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
            Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
            MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
            Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Can't offer much in the way of tech help, but as a UK member I can offer my support. (And most likely cheap second hand goods that I've bought in error...).
              2000 Vauxhall Vectra SXi
              EPIA M12000 / 256MB RAM
              PW-120 + ITPS
              Slot Loading CDRW/DVD
              30GB 2.5in HD
              Lilliput 7" VGA + Touchscreen
              GPS Nav
              Installation progress {+++++++} (Installed! :) )

OK can we continue this on the actual site?

forums are online....
       - The UK CarPC Forum

what i'd like to do is have reviews/prices/suppliers in type categorys - ie: motherboards would have epia800/m1000's, shutdown controllers zootjeff's/ITPS etc.
                  will make it easier for people to compare hardware - atm you have to trawl through these forums to find avaliable products....
         - The UK CarPC Forum