Din Sized Space???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Din Sized Space???

One of my friends has a 1994 Mercury Sable. He wants to put an in dahs LCD screen in his car. He wants to know if the HVAC area in his car is the right size to put an LCD screen or his CD receiver. Here is a pic of what his dash area looks like.
    Attached Files
    Post # 3000

I say you measure it, also measure it how deep it is without the controls there, mine barly fit in the stock place without the cables at the back, to be honest it looks about the same, it may look a little smaller in height tho
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

I say a Ford HVAC is gonna be a whore to relocate. There's a cable to control the air diverter and about 5 vaccuum tubes that you'll have to extend. It's DIN sized though. The bezel in front may have to be filed to get the radio to cage mount.

Comment

I know my HVAC has got wires that control it that are not extendable, they kind of remind me of cables for bike brakes, I wouldn't attempt to relocate mine
        CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
        Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Thank you all for your advise. I told him it would probably be hell doing it all (Even though it's a great place for an in-dash lcd ;]) Yeah I think he's just going to move his Cd receiver down a din space and put his in dash lcd where his receiver is currently.

Thanks anyways,

Peace!
          Rafster
          Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
          X