MP3 Volume Normalization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Volume Normalization

OK, I just tried this one out, but I'm am totally impressed so far.

MP3Gain

I believe that if you disable clipping, it will give you completely lossless volume normalization. Of course by disabling clipping, you are limiting it's ability to make two different songs sound like the same volume. But I'd rather not lose any quality.

I tried it on some music that was ripped from 5 different CDs. The ripping settings were identical, but volume levels were all over the place. Each CD had even volume in itself. But if you turned on the shuffle, you could really tell the volume level difference between one CD and another. MP3Gain did an awesome job, even with clipping disabled.

Anyone else using MP3Gain?

I have always used MP3Gain. The best there is, and IT'S FREE.

Comment

yep, same here... in fact i have to use it again to normalize my newer mp3s...
      I'll also check to see if i have clipping enabled or disabled (dont want to loose any quality)
      AT mobo
      Intel Pentium MMX 233mhz
      ESS Solo PCI soundcard
      Linksys NIC
      Irman

Comment

I've been using Octimax for a while, which not only normalizes but performs some manner of preternatural goodness on whatever Winamp is playing. Seriously, I think this little plugin is vastly superior to a lot of expensive processing hardware I've heard.

Comment

OctiMax is a signal processor that works with Winamp. MP3Gain normalizes the actual mp3 file, which will then work with any mp3 player.

The best signal processor I've found, for Winamp, is Izotope Ozone. I'll try OctiMax to see how it sounds.

Ozone and OctiMax cost money, MP3Gain is FREE.

Comment

Thanks ElPiloto!! You're da man! I've been looking for something that does this for a while. Most normalize the max volume, but not the whole song. Sweet!!
            So far:
            M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Originally posted by ElPiloto
              OctiMax is a signal processor that works with Winamp. MP3Gain normalizes the actual mp3 file, which will then work with any mp3 player.
              So one has the end result of normalizing the audio you hear, and the other... has the end result of normalizing the audio you hear?

And there's another mp3 player besides Winamp? hah. Good one. You almost had me going there.

Comment

Originally posted by evilsociologist
                So one has the end result of normalizing the audio you hear, and the other... has the end result of normalizing the audio you hear?

And there's another mp3 player besides Winamp? hah. Good one. You almost had me going there.
                Is Optimax lossless?

I don't need any of the fancy sound enhancements.

MP3Gain is FREE.

Comment

I think it actually does increase the volume if necessary, but understand that this isn't something written by a college student in his spare time; I credit this plugin with making my stereo & HTPC worth having. You should at least play around with the demo version.

Also: Cancer is free too.

Comment

In my car I use a player called RandomMP3. It plays all the files on a drive or in a folder in true random order. So winamp plugins are worthless to me. And MP3Gain normalizes all of those files first.

I guess it's true that New Yorkers are obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2112
                      Thanks eCarô!! You're da man! I've been looking for something that does this for a while. Most normalize the max volume, but not the whole song. Sweet!!
                      Fixed your post for you Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by ElPiloto
                        I guess it's true that New Yorkers are obnoxious.
                        Terrorist!

-------------------------------------

911 never forget!!!1111

Comment

The only thing that picture is missing, is Hooters. :P

Comment

I am planning on using MP3Gain to sort out problems where my songs are a little too quiet.

Will it work with .wma files, or are there other programs to sort those out?

Comment

Working...
                            X