Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Paypal

damn I [email protected] hate paypal,
    Because of the huge response to My Lilliput group buy, Paypal limited my account. I have never received so many payments in such a little time so they have imposed a few extra rules. They need me to verify all information I have on my account. To do this they want me to fax copies of my Drivers License, Utility Bill and Bank Statement. I did not expect this. But once my Paypal account is cleared up, this sale will be on again.
    To give you an idea, I received $11,000 in Paypal payments for this sale alone. So they needed to impose these extra security measures. I hope this will make this sale feel a little more secure for us all.
    Sorry for the Inconvenience,
    Andrew

I received $11,000 in Paypal payments for this sale alone
    holy ****!

the extra security actually should make you customers feel a little more secure.. heh heh
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Agreed with da hate

Plus they just got fined $150k in NY for not protecting their subscibers against merchantdice no-shows...

I had a transaction go bad, not from anyone here... {sigh} I wish I lived in NY

Comment

The worst thing about paypal is, once they've made a decision about your money. They don't bend. Well anyway, my sale will now end. I dont think I will be using paypal for taking payments any longer, as they dont like seeing high volumes.
        Talk about a ****ty system. I thought I had this deal sealed. I will still keep trying and posting updates as this thing unfolds...

Comment

Um....

Originally posted by NightHunter
          The worst thing about paypal is, once they've made a decision about your money. They don't bend. Well anyway, my sale will now end. I dont think I will be using paypal for taking payments any longer, as they dont like seeing high volumes.
          Talk about a ****ty system. I thought I had this deal sealed. I will still keep trying and posting updates as this thing unfolds...
          Unless you have something to hide, why wouldn't you send them data to prove that $11,000 really belongs to you and you "say who you say you are".

Comment

i for one am all for paypal being a bit more strict.. the amount of people that get their accounts hacked and either their credit cards maxed or bank accounts drained or have been used to launder money is crazy
            '98 Explorer Sport
            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
            80% done

Comment

I don't think it is such a huge deal, considering how much fraud is going around.

Comment

And considering eBay owns them, I wouldn't think $11,000. would be a lot to them. But if your account is not used to that amount then they need to do what they need to do.
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

its the same type sercurity that most credit card companies offer in a way. If they see a lot of odd purcahses with your card they are going to call you.
                  '98 Explorer Sport
                  http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
                  AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
                  80% done

Comment

NightHunter, I actually got a call from Paypal yesterday driving down the road asking about the purchase and verifying it. That's pretty cool in my book, to know that they are looking out for their customers. I understand it's a pain in the butt for you right now though..

Can't wait to get that screen though!

Comment

The problem is, they don't protect you like a credit card does. Their dispute system sucks. I bought a Royaltek Sapphire GPS from sapphire-gps.com and used Paypal. After a month, it had still not arrived and the guy stopped answering my emails. I filed a complaint. He sent a bogus tracking number to Paypal and they said:

"In response to your complaint, the seller has provided proof of shipment
                      indicating that the item was shipped to you. Therefore, we cannot reverse
                      this transaction or issue a refund. We encourage you to continue to work
                      directly with the seller to amicably resolve this dispute.

PayPal does not tolerate fraud or illegal activities. Your complaint has
                      been noted in the record of the PayPal user you reported. If we find this
                      user has violated our policies, we will investigate and take appropriate
                      action. If this occurs, you may be contacted in the future about the status
                      of this complaint."

Even though when you would go to the shipper's website and track the package, the tracking number didn't exist.

So several days later, a package arrived with a different tracking number. It was missing the software.

Here's what he had to say about that:

"About the CD MS Streets and Trips, this product has been discontinued from the manufacturer. Royaltek isn't including it any more with the sapphire units. I can credit your Paypal account the amount of 18.00 dollars. My recommendation is to pick up a copy locally. Sam's has them here for $29.00 and usually they include a 20.00 rebate. "

Of course, he never sent me a Paypal payment.

So the moral of the story is: If you want to screw somebody, get them to send you money for an item via Paypal, then ship them an empty box. Paypal will uphold the seller's position without so much as an investigation.
                      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

OMG, Nooooo, I was just waiting for my bank funds to be transferred into my paypal account so that I could buy one. And that was TODAY!! Please let me know if you start selling these again. Thanks.

Oh, and I'm also glad Paypal is doing what it's doing. I would have had $1,800 stolen from my account if it wasn't for Paypal looking out for me.

Comment

I feel better knowing paypal is making some effort to make my money safer. I was wondering why when I tried to send nighthunter money, it said "this account can't recieve anymore money."

Comment

I am glad paypal is watching out for us. My bank pulled a similar stunt. They denied a $3000.00 hand written check for security reasons. I think it was because I never write the checks, my wife does. I always use the check card.
                            Randell Kelly

Comment

thats why i had 4 paypal accounts for my group buy
                              i hate Big Brother

Comment

Working...
                              X