Ripping wavs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping wavs?

I'm getting ready to re-rip a couple hundred CDs this weekend, and want to go the WAV route this time if it's practical. Space isn't an issue.

My question is this: what software do you guys use? what's best? I want something that will access the online database and save apropriate song /artist information in the files.

Tell me how it is,
    Rob
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

I use CDex.

Comment

i also use CDex ...

you may want to look into OGG ... (CDev can rip straight to ogg as well) ... i suspect you are going WAV so there's no loss in quality ... I've been very impressed with OGG's quality, and then you're able to embed track information (i don't think you can do that with WAV)
      My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

oh ... and CDex can hit up remote or local CDDBs for track info ... but like I said, I don't think you can encode that info in WAVs
        My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Exact audio copy to APE. If you want tagged lossless, APE or FLAC are good ways to go.

Comment

I use WinAmp5 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X