Automotive Security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automotive Security

With me now putting all this money into the car and expensive gear I am wondering who makes good security systems. Not really sure what Im looking for, just looking for some advice on this. Thanks
    2003 Subaru Impreza TS
    Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Clifford has some of the best stuff (DEI)

What are you looking for in your alarm? If you want all the bells and whistles, get the RSX 3.5. It even has remote start like mine

Comment

Someone posted this link yesterday for one of my "funnies" but I think it would make a good alarm with some relays: http://www.powerlabs.org/emguns.htm

But on a serious note, Clifford or Prestige is the way to go (actually I think thats all the options you have ). If someone tries to sell you Compustar RUN!!!
      Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Toups
        Clifford has some of the best stuff (DEI)

What are you looking for in your alarm? If you want all the bells and whistles, get the RSX 3.5. It even has remote start like mine
        Ill take a look. Im just looking for something to keep my stuff safe mostly. Right now I dont need all the bells and whistles I dont think.
        2003 Subaru Impreza TS

Comment

Originally posted by arkadiyp
          If someone tries to sell you Compustar RUN!!!
          Why do you say that? Just curious because I may be in the market soon

Comment

the answer is smoke

If you need something that works you have to make it yourself.
            There no thiefes in this world that respect a car that blinks and sounds it horns people just wake by anyway. In my last car I had a teargas grenade coupled in on the alarm. You could of cause use a simple smoke machine like the ones nightclubs use. Then the thief can't see anything he can't steal your car and can't see your gear.

Comment

hahahah thats hilarous.
              2003 Subaru Impreza TS

Comment

I have a "silent" alarm on mine. I've got a remote door chime wired into some sensors and when one of those gets tripped, a bell goes off in my house.

Doesn't scare the guy away, because I don't want the attempted theif to know I'm flanking him with my Berretta
                Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                I'M DEBT FREE!!
                I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizawuza
                  Why do you say that? Just curious because I may be in the market soon
                  Because its a POS. The remotes are flimsy (the only good ones were version 1), you drop it once be prepared to spend upwards of 50 bucks (close to 80 depending on the distributor). Their rules of dealing with distributors are messed up and noone wants to deal with them.
                  Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

If you want all the bells and whistles then go with Viper. Its the most advanced and has the most bells and whistles of any alarm system. But its also the most expensive. Just for your info. DEI manufacturers Viper, Clifford and numerous other alarm systems that are sold under different names.

Go to http://www.directed.com/ for more info on their entire lineup of products.

Stay away from Prestige. When they were made by Pioneer they were good alarms but now they are made by someone else that has a bad reputation.

Originally posted by wizardPC
                    I have a "silent" alarm on mine. I've got a remote door chime wired into some sensors and when one of those gets tripped, a bell goes off in my house.

Doesn't scare the guy away, because I don't want the attempted theif to know I'm flanking him with my Berretta
                    While I like the above approach its not something I would recomend. Especially in AZ. However the laws in your state may differ. I also am not a lawyer.

And its BERETTA. Get it right. LOL. They do however make the best alarm systems. LOL

Comment

geez lets not get technical
                      It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

Let's use logic, people. Thieves steal cause they usually don't have. If a thief is stealing your car, and you start shooting at him.. you will have to hit your car to get to him. He, being a thief, will most likely not have $$$ to fix your own self-inflicted damage.

Comment

Its All About Revenge
                          It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

I do like that tear gas idea. However, 1) is it legal, and 2) will the gas disipate easily afterwards or will it stay in the car seats?

Also, I suppose a tiny nozel under the driver's side visor can spray anyone trying to start the car without entering a code with mace... if mace is legal in your state.

Comment

no no no no! you don't ACTUALLY shoot the guy....then you go to jail!

You use the gun to keep him there till the police arrive. This is the sole reason I have a laser sight on my Beretta. For some reason, criminals always think that if you do shoot at them then you are gonna miss, but if there is a dot on their chest they don't try anything.

When I was in high school, my car got broken into a lot. I asked an officer what I could do if I caught the guy red-handed, and he simply replied "call us." He then told me that if I were to physically restrain the subject I would be arrested for assault. Basically, if you catch a guy breaking into your car the only thing you can do is call the cops and watch the guy walk away with your stuff while the police finish eating thier donuts.

Now, with a 9mm pistol pointed at the guy with the laser, you can call the police on your cell phone and say "I have caught someone breaking into my car. I have my pistol trained on him right now. My address is XXX. I am wearing XXX."

Now that the police know that a firearm is involved, they will get there QUICK. Granted, you will have guns pointed at you when they show up and you will have to sit in the back of a police car, the would be thief will not have stolen anything and will be properly punished. He will als be much less likely to attempt something like that again.
                              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                              I'M DEBT FREE!!
                              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Working...
                              X