Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case! it's done! sing the dances of praise... or some **** like that.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case! it's done! sing the dances of praise... or some **** like that.

ever since i saw mp3car.com, i've been planning towards this. this is my car-puter... it's not complete yet, but i've very nearly completed one of the biggest steps. building the case.

here it is as it stands now. it's currently running at a decent 45 degrees C under full load with XP2800 stock cooling.

specs are:

MSI KM2M Combo-L --- I needed a motherboard with a small form factor and accepting of SD-RAM. i know people dont like via chipsets, but i havent had any trouble yet, and i keep it running [email protected] all the time. 55 dollars.

AMD Duron 1.8 ghz, with stock cooling off XP2800+. --- On my reccommendation, when my brother built his computer, he got an aero7 blower, leaving me the stock cooling. 40-X dollars. (X = the price i sell the ECS mobo that came with the combo for.)

Sparkle 180 watt Power Supply --- purchased from Frys for this purpose, for 20 dollars.

WD 40 gig 7200 RPM HDD. purchased from newegg before i got the idea of MIR's, for the princely sum of 58 dollars. i was stupid, i know...

On with the pics:

no mod would be complete without lights.

since that pic, i cleaned up the wiring, added a fan grill, and moved the switch for the tubes to the outside.

Comment

niice, I like it
      I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

Working...
      X