Any compute-related accidents?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any compute-related accidents?

Has anyone been in a car accident because of their car computer? Or has anyone had that used against them?

Originally posted by elmo_eats_rust
    Has anyone been in a car accident because of their car computer? Or has anyone had that used against them?
    Hey fellow Minnesotan!

I had an accident about a year ago. Where I hit a big cargo truck and messed up front end a bit. Now I don't remember it being a computer related acciendent. i think I was just not paying enough attention to the fact there was a BIG *** truck in front of me. But it was not used against me.
    BossTone74

Comment

I've actually noticed myself being more careful as a direct result of having the carputer installed. I think subconsciously I know it's more dangerous so I give myself a little more room between me and the car in front of me. Several times I've realized that there are two or three car lengths more in front of me than normally would be. It's a question I've often wondered and the first thing any of my friends say is "Man, you're going to get in a wreck."
      2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

ya i found myself being a bit more aware. As for it being used against you it all depends on the other(s) insurance companies.. its hard to say if they will or not but i have friends that are troopers and they said it could be used against you.
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

i dont think it distracts me much, although i could see why it may in certain circumstances.

at the moment the thing doesent work, and i sometimes found myself driving faster and more on the limits on the car, (mabe i get bored with no music). so i stuck a lil portable mp3player in temporary, and im back to normal now. :P

Comment

Nope - http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004172346,00.html
            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

i've found myself stamping on the breaks a few times.. as for those of you finding your leaving more space between yourself and the car infront, i think this is down to not paying attention and dropping your speed while u play on the screen.. I now am very careful whats going on while I play.
              Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

perhaps, but I actually make damn sure I leave more room because I'm deathly afraid of slamming into someone while trying to get my finger up in the damn corner and keep hitting the "restore" button instead of close.
                2008 Ford Expedition EL Ltd

Carputer yanked from the Jeep and Denali and waiting to be installed in the Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                  or mabe people who listen to the sugar babes dont drive as fast and dont push thier cars as hard?
                  not condoning driveing dangerously you understand, just bringin my opinion to that artical.

i saw some stat that so many % of accidents involved loud music (like 30% or somethin) but there was nothing to say how loud the music was, and noone mentioned that the other 70% may be caused by having ur music too quiet :P

Comment

and anyway id rather have a bump if the alternative was choosing from that playlist :P

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
                      Hey fellow Minnesotan!

I had an accident about a year ago. Where I hit a big cargo truck and messed up front end a bit. Now I don't remember it being a computer related acciendent. i think I was just not paying enough attention to the fact there was a BIG *** truck in front of me. But it was not used against me.
                      Josh we all know that was the pr0n you had going!

just pay attention to driving and not the puter and u will be fine....

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I have spent a long time making my PC user friendly - I do my best NOT to use touchscreen whilst in motion, instead using a colomn stick / custom buttons - like it or not - you can't use a touchscreen without watching it - and any time with your eyes away from road is dangerous. play it safe by making your PC easy to use !
                        www.digital-car.co.uk - The UK CarPC Forum

Comment

I heard on TV this morning that a guy in Alaska that is charged with second degree murder. He was watching a movie in his car going 90 mph. He crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTechFool
                            I heard on TV this morning that a guy in Alaska that is charged with second degree murder. He was watching a movie in his car going 90 mph. He crashed.
                            Here's some more information on that story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in613876.shtml
                            Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
                            www.11visions.com

Comment

That sux about that guy in Alaska. I guess he should have been paying more attention to driving + not going freakin 90MPH if he was watching **** on the screen.

Lates,

Rafster

P.S. Be carefull out there guys
                              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                              X