No announcement yet.

notification bubbles?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notification bubbles?

i'm sure this has been discussed before, so ahead of time i'll appologize for the likely repost- i wasn't able to find anything in searches.

I'm tired of having notification bubbles appear over the task bar. They appear for any number of things- wireless connectiong established, lost- device connected, disconected. I don't want to ever see any of them ever again

Is there some way to shut 'em off?
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

• #2;en-us;307729
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
      CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
      PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
      Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
      The Florida Meets Thread

uhh.... Think the image resizer will do it?

I have tweak UI on the car comp (necesitated by automatic logon). Want to point me something more specific?

I'll try the registry thing. thanks dodge.
        car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Very easy tutorial with a couple of different solutions.

7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%

I think it might be able to be done thru GPEDIT.MSC too.
            Nevermind, it can't just the notification area cleanup, and the notification can be removed. Nothing else.
            CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
            Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

you guys are so awesome. i HATE those things. i'll give this registry setting a try!
              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Registry setting does work, but im not sure if it just "hides" the nofification bubbles. I say this because I run magnifier where the start bar was and when the start bar is inactive (autohide) the magnifier would show but, upon start up I still get a delay before the start bar auto hides, the PC is finished loading. I think its because of the XP SP2 RC2 notification bubble saying my computer is insecure, and it just being hidden.
                CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
                Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

The easiest way to get rid of that is to turn off the service for windows security center
                  1997 Grand Prix GTP - Pioneer Premier HU - Alpine 4ch for mids/highs - McIntosh separates in the rear (soon to be in front as well) - Custom Passive Xovers - Pioneer Class A 300wrms amp - 2.5 farad cap - The original RF "The Punch" Pro Series 12"