Audi owners please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi owners please help.

Hey guys, I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I'm starting to install my LCD, but have run into a little problem. I have removed the radio and center console. The problem I'm having is trying to disconnect the cigarette lighter. I know you have to push the two clips on the sides and pull on it, but it doesn't seem to move. Is there something else I have to do in order to remove it? I've been struggling with it for a while now, please help.
    Installed
    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Originally posted by Quattro-A4
    Hey guys, I feel kind of dumb asking this, but I'm starting to install my LCD, but have run into a little problem. I have removed the radio and center console. The problem I'm having is trying to disconnect the cigarette lighter. I know you have to push the two clips on the sides and pull on it, but it doesn't seem to move. Is there something else I have to do in order to remove it? I've been struggling with it for a while now, please help.
    Unrelated but still. In some newer audi's you will loose some of the vehicle functionality if you remove the radio. For example ability to program new keys.
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I finally got it out!

The damn thing was stuck in there real tight. After struggling with it for about an hour or so I finally was able to get it out, I don't know why it was stuck in there so tight.
      Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arkadiyp
        Unrelated but still. In some newer audi's you will loose some of the vehicle functionality if you remove the radio. For example ability to program new keys.
        in the newest of the new, they give you a extra plastic key that has a tag on it that can be used to program new keys without the car, for those times when you loose both your keyfobs, valet key, and wallet key
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

I've got a new question and didn't want to start a new thread.

As you can see by the orignal thread post date, its been a while since I've had my dash all torn apart. Now that I'm putting things back together I've got this one connector that I can't figure out what it does. I've attached some pictures maybe someone know what it is or someone that has their dash currently open might be able to help.
          Thanks

Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

oops! You could just put it all together and see what doenst work!

You sure it was connected to anything? some wires in my dash go nowhere - but then again they are clipped to the bulkhead not loose.

see what areas it can reach and look for tab that it could belong to. Or go to your dealer (but good luck with them as they are normally dumb)

Comment

Originally posted by Quattro
              Now that I'm putting things back together I've got this one connector that I can't figure out what it does.
              That's an easy one. It's the chassis ground for your old HU. You probably don't remember it because those things fall off as soon as you start to wiggle the radio out.

Okay, now give me a hard one.

Comment

You sir are a genius. I knew it was anything major because I'd been driving around for a while now with it just hanging there with out a problem.
                But thank you for the assurance.
                Installed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

If there's one thing I know it's Audis, everything else is just a really acurate guess.

Glad I could help.

Comment

Working...
                  X