What else can I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else can I do?

I think I have done almost everything I can to my setup, and now am looking for some ideas for new projects.

So far I have:

Music/mp3
    Videos/movies
    Internet
    Gps
    XM PCR
    Engine diagnostics
    NES/SNES emulators

The only other thing Id like to do is a relay board for locks, windows, and my air suspension. I thought about a webcam but thats not too exciting.

So what else is out there?
    G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Originally posted by blazinlow
    I think I have done almost everything I can to my setup, and now am looking for some ideas for new projects.

So far I have:

Music/mp3
    Videos/movies
    Internet
    Gps
    XM PCR
    Engine diagnostics
    NES/SNES emulators

The only other thing Id like to do is a relay board for locks, windows, and my air suspension. I thought about a webcam but thats not too exciting.

So what else is out there?
    Radio time-shifting (Like a TiVo, but radio)...

Get a high-end alarm and tie it into that. I believe one of the high-end Clifford models has that capability...

Put in a high-end 3D card and put a female RJ45 behind your fuel filler dor so you can roll up to a LAN party, plug in and have game on...

Hack into a lighted signboard mounted in your rear window with messages like "You must be gay since you're so close to my ***!"...

Change your Windows startup sounds to something cooler that MS could ever come up with. Perhaps the WOPR from WarGames saying "Greetings, Professor Falken." or HAL from 2001 greeting Dave. Lots of possibilities there....

Put a larger monitor int he trunk or bed or whatever (sorry, I didn't pay attention to your car or setup) with an X-Arcade stick, run MAME with a ****load of ROMs and have an arcade in your ride...

If you're REALLY daring, setup servos and relays and whatnot and drive your car via the computer. It's already been done, but I still think it's pretty damned cool. Hell, setup a joystic as a controller, even, much like the concept Firebird that GM made back in the 60s.

OK, I'm done. Now you get to come up with your OWN ideas.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

5.1 surround..or just upgrade your audio in general. you really didnt give enough info in this post to really get a feel for all the posibilities. for example...if you drove a wrx or similar, i would def suggest a web cam to capture some rallying footage if thats your thing...
      rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

I have a pretty high end system already - but would the 5.1 be only for movies and such?

I like the sign in the back idea. Always wanted to do that. Ive seen license plate frames that have a scrolling LED marquee. I do have a web cam, but its really crappy and probably wouldnt work well unless it was really bright out.

Im working on a new custom windows 2000 bootup screen. Not a huge project, just another 'mod' that I can call my own

Great ideas so far, any others?
        G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

5.1 would be good for gaming, dvds, dvd-a, and sacds
          rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

Working...
          X