Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My digitalww touchscreen experience

Hey Guys,

I ordered a 7inch Widescreen Panasonic Touchscreen VGA/LCD from www.digitalww.com. It took about two weeks to get the unit and even more time due to Fedex Ground not being able to locate my house. Although I finally attempted to install the unit this evening and to my suprise the vga quality is decent but I've got one dead pixel... What a bummer. I paid $260 for the unit and shipping was free. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on my experience with this company. I want to add that I've always been able to reach digitalww via telephone during their business hours with no problem. I'll be contacting them and sending the unit back for hopefully replacement or refund. I guess I'll update then. I'm almost tempted to just buy tomtom for my ppc although I've all ready got all the other parts and I've waited so long to get this thing working.

Thanks,
    Blake.

Toyota Corolla 04
    Panasonic 7in In-Dash
    Mini-ITX 933Mhz
    Mediacar/Mappoint
    GPS/MP3/GPRS/Sony HU
    2x20 Character LCD

sorry to hear, but why didn't you just add a little bit more and get the lilliput from here?

Comment

One dead pixel???? That is all that was wrong? In this hobby, one dead pixel being wrong is nothing to worry about. I'm sure armen will help you out. You should think about the people who buy things from china and when they finally get them after 3 weeks, it won't even turn on!

Consider yourself lucky....
      My carputer

Comment

Most manufactors of regular-sized (15" +) LCDs allow for as many as 3 dead pixels before it can be returned as defective. It's unpleasant, but it happens.
        Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
        www.11visions.com

Comment

Yea he is right... I know you must be frustrated but how in any way does the dead pixel relate to digitalww. They are just selling the product.

Armen at Digitalww is a good guy and i have dealt with him on several ocasions. That is unfortunate that you got delayed but he was probably out of stock or he ordered when you placed the order.
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

hell, you should search and take a look at others experience with lcd's in general, consider yourself lucky.
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Most etailers won't honor a dead pixel count under 8. checkout newegg.com's dead pixel policy. Granted, they sell 15" and up, but for a used 7" panel, 1 dead pixel is acceptable. Besides, what did you expect for 260.00??

Comment

I must be extremely lucky in that I have not seen one 'dead' pixel on any of my LCD monitors (Including Lilliput). My friend has a 15" with one that shines like a red beacon of death. It is extremely annoying, and would be better if actually 'dead'!!
                Carputer currently 'ghettoed' into car!!!

EPIA MII-12000
                Ampie Case with rigged extra USB
                Hitachi 60GB
                Holux GPS mouse with iGuidance 2.0
                Lilliput 7" touchscreen
                Netgear WG121 USB WiFi
                Carnetix P1260

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
                  Most etailers won't honor a dead pixel count under 8. checkout newegg.com's dead pixel policy. Granted, they sell 15" and up, but for a used 7" panel, 1 dead pixel is acceptable. Besides, what did you expect for 260.00??
                  I would expect a full refund or at least an exchange. That one dead pixel will irritate me to no end, not that I have any problems with my Lilliput.

Comment

Originally posted by wrwx617
                    I would expect a full refund or at least an exchange. That one dead pixel will irritate me to no end, not that I have any problems with my Lilliput.
                    Expecting a full refund or an exchange for 1 dead pixel is expecting too much.
                    You must not know much about lcd panels in general. I do, and can tell you that lcd manufacturer's issue acceptable dead or defective pixel counts when they publish their specifications sheets for a panel. I have never ever seen a spec. sheet call for under 3 dead, or defective pixels as an acceptable standard for a panel. I understand 260.00 is a lot of money, and I am not trying to say it is no big deal. However, you simply cannot expect perfection in every lcd panel sold, and as a reseller and not the manufacturer, Armen should not be expected to foot the bill for 1 dead pixel.

Comment

I have a number of LCDs, however I purchased them used. I didn't expect perfection, nor did I get it. But if I purchased something brand new, you better believe I expect perfection.

Ask yourself this, if you bought a brand new car and there was a pit in the windshield right in your view, would you say something? Or would you find this acceptable?

I'm SURE Armen will work with you on this!

good luck!
                      BossTone74

Comment

you are not getting the point. LCD panels are not perfect, and a consumer should be made aware of this. Also, any 7" monitor sold contains a used panel. Not new. You will not find a brand new 7" lcd panel in a monitor that costs less than 800.00. Simple fact. I agree, you lay down good money, you should get a good product. But, industry standards still dictate that dead pixels are a reality in lcd monitors, and as such, consumers need to be aware of this. You can't compare a new car to a 260.00 monitor. That's like comparing advil to vicadin.

Comment

I know there is a way to revive dead pix, it works 50% of the time, do some search, you should find how. I think it has to do with getting Q-tip and gently massage the area surrounding the bad pix, I don't recal if any liquid was used.

Comment

Originally posted by kingtut
                            I know there is a way to revive dead pix, it works 50% of the time, do some search, you should find how. I think it has to do with getting Q-tip and gently massage the area surrounding the bad pix, I don't recal if any liquid was used.
                            Sounds like that will just cause more damage.
                            肚子笑痛了
                            S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
                              LCD panels are not perfect, and a consumer should be made aware of this. Also, any 7" monitor sold contains a used panel. Not new. You will not find a brand new 7" lcd panel in a monitor that costs less than 800.00.
                              You just made the point! and a consumer should be made aware of this Raise your hand if anyone has been told that their lcd screen is used?
                              Then you should in fact be getting something BRAND new...not used! You should also be told that it's not going to be perfect.
                              BossTone74

Comment

Working...
                              X