Stuff keeps breaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff keeps breaking

I was never mutch for divine intervention - but I'm starting to wonder if God himself just doesnt want my cap pc at NOPI.

I traded in my 2000 Civic last month for a CRV. The Civic install was prefect. Everything worked and looked great!.

From Day 1 with my new install - **** JUST KEEPS BREAKING !!!!! arrrrrrrg.

The computerized code key for the remote start wouldnt work, then my OPUS went up in smoke (literally) then I cracked my touch screen, replaced that, and cracked the bezel while re mounting everything. Ordered wrong PCI riser card, returned for the correct one, but the correct one wont allow the system to boot. cracked part of the dash while pulling.... Shorted out something with the SRS (now the light wont go off) scratched the interior all to hell with all the parts and tools falling all over the place.

Then last night , when I finally got my opus back, the PC refused to shutt off. just kept restarting. It was something ACPI related. I started pulling stuff out of dev. man, now it just gives a STOP 0x0000 error on shut down.

THIS FREAKING PC IS DRIVING ME OUT OF MY MIND!
    </end rant>
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Yep, that's the carpc experience...and we all love it!
    2004 4runner

Comment

see thread http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32724

on a side note i've killed like 2 or 3 pw-x series power supplies, cracked my touchscreen...and a harddrive yesterday

im sure i've killled other things but i cant think of them off the top of my head. its an expensive hobby.
      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

What are you guys doing to your systems? I've been doing this for 5 years and never broken anything...!
        Old Systems retired due to new car
        New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Same here. The computer I bought for carpc was fried the day after it was purchased while doing bench test. My lilliput I bought from this forum was DOA even though the guy said it was brand new. While I was trying to fix damn white screen, touch screen craked.

I'm buying pre-made next time.

Comment

yeah, The bigging has its rough spots...

eventually you'll reach the plateau of glory

at least that's how it was for me,
            I'm no longer nervous on how the carputer is "going to perform" everytime somone new experiences it
            mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
            Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

That's life >_<
              ------------------------------

98 Honda civic
              In-Dash LCD Monitor K-301
              cappuccino EZ3
              PIII-1.2GHZ
              256MB PC133
              40GB HD
              Holux GR 213 Sirf Star III GPS
              IguidanceV2