Got mine installed today!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got mine installed today!!!

FINALLY!!! After many months of screwing around, I finally got my CarPC installed and working. Of course, it's not ready for show yet - I've got to clean up the wiring, refine some of the details, and install my webcam. But it is in the car, running and playing MP3's and doing GPS and OBD-II.

Woo Hoo!!
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

UHHH whats the word im lookin for ???? ummmmmmmmmmmmm oh yea

PICS!!!!

Comment

What software are you using for OBDII?

Comment

Easy, boys. Pics are coming. I've still got wires all over the place and the center console out. The PC isn't even bolted down yet! When I clean up and finish up I'll post in the show off section.

As for OBDII, I went with www.obddiagnostics.com. It wasn't my first choice, but it was reasonably priced and had most of the options I wanted. I wish someone would do one of those high end jobs that's specific for my car, like the Subaru and BMW guys have. Oh well, it would just cost a fortune, like the Subaru and BMW ones. What's a guy to do?

Oh, one word of warning for anyone with an EPIA M10k, a PCI ATI All-In-Wonder, and a 90watt Opus: the ATI card draws too much power for the 90 watt supply, and you can't use it. Either get a different card or bigger supply. I found out the hard way.
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

i got my installed today, i will have my rigged carputer pics up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2112
            Easy, boys. Pics are coming. I've still got wires all over the place and the center console out. The PC isn't even bolted down yet!
            Those are usually the best pics.
            ----------------------------
            Save virtual trees....

Comment

Working...
            X