Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some JVC J-link info... please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need some JVC J-link info... please help!

    Hey guys,

    I have a JVC KD-LX1 HU, and have a J-link to RCA converter cable that doesn't work cause I need to trick the HU into believeing there's a CD changer hooked up to it. I'm guessing I need the pinouts of the J-link adapter and then feed it some voltage that says "hi... I"m a cd changer"... even though it's gonna be my ipod.

    Does anyone know where I could get that info.... or another way around my problem..

    thanks guys

    Mark

  • #2
    In the manual of my JVC unit, it says somewhere that you have to switch a setting(in the onscreen Menu of the unit) from CD-changer to Aux in, then it ignores the check for CD changer and just streams in the audio. I dont have it here right now, but I'll check the model # later.
    MY CAR PROFILE (@HONDA SHOWOFF)

    Comment


    • #3
      Hold the Select button down to get into setup mode (Like where you set the time). Scroll it to an option called Ext Input. Make that option 'Line Input' instead of 'Changer'
      Status: 40%
      Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
      CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
      Screen: Lilliput 7"
      Power: Carnetix 1900
      GPS: Deluo GPS
      Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
      XM: XM Direct
      http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

      Comment


      • #4
        Nobias
        DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER! you ARE RIGHT

        I have the same thing...it took me awhile to figure it out!
        BossTone74

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nobias
          Hold the Select button down to get into setup mode (Like where you set the time). Scroll it to an option called Ext Input. Make that option 'Line Input' instead of 'Changer'

          Wow... I'll definatly try that tonight... is that for the KD-LX1 unit that I have? or perhaps a newer HU..

          thanks for all the input guys

          Mark

          Comment


          • #6
            I've had two JVC HUs that it worked on. LX-1000 and KS-571 (might not be the right number)
            Status: 40%
            Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
            CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
            Screen: Lilliput 7"
            Power: Carnetix 1900
            GPS: Deluo GPS
            Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
            XM: XM Direct
            http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

            Comment


            • #7
              I just had a look for that option on my deck... it's not there

              I'm guessing I'll have to set a pin high on the j-link adapter to trick it into believe it's a cd changer. Does anyone know the pinouts of the j-link adapter?

              thanks


              Mark

              Comment


              • #8
                I've contact JVC and some other independants in hopes of finding the pinouts of the j-link adapter. I'll post as soon as I know anything

                I'm also curious... on the j-link adapater... it seems the wire is soldered into a clip of some sort that then slides into a plastic housing.... does anyone know what those are called... and where I could get some. Radio Shack had no idea .... no surprise.

                thanks again
                Mark

                Comment


                • #9
                  still no response from anyone...
                  does anyone know of an online resource where I can get the service manual for my JVC KD-LX1 head unit?

                  thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    try this

                    http://books.jvcservice.com/booklist.asp?Model=KD-LX1J
                    Status: 40%
                    Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
                    CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
                    Screen: Lilliput 7"
                    Power: Carnetix 1900
                    GPS: Deluo GPS
                    Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
                    XM: XM Direct
                    http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks for the link... but I'm still looking for the pin outs of the jlink adapter.... seems like the hardest thing to find on the web...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Service Manuals

                        Oziyak,

                        www.servicemanuals.net sells a sevice manual for your receiver. Maybe it has something on the J-Link interface as well. Please share anything you find out. I am thinking of getting a JVC, but only if the J-Link protocol can be figured out.

                        Chadd

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Oziyak View Post
                          I just had a look for that option on my deck... it's not there

                          I'm guessing I'll have to set a pin high on the j-link adapter to trick it into believe it's a cd changer. Does anyone know the pinouts of the j-link adapter?

                          thanks


                          Mark
                          I have tried switching to the AUX/Line Input instead of 'CD-Changer' by holding the function button in. The only options I have are CLOCK, BEEP and AREA.
                          Then I have tried about every other button combination with no luck. I just can not find out how to change this to line in. The radio is a JVC KD-SX830. I have found the service manual but no operation manual yet.
                          Can someone please assist this tight wod? I don't wait to buy another radio.........
                          I have connected my mp3 player to the input lines 6,7 and 8 as shown below. Now I am thinking that there just might be other connections in the plug that tells the radio that something is connected.?.? like tie pin 1 high?


                          most of my information gathered from:
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...nk-pinout.html
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...link-plug.html

                          Thanx!
                          1996 Suburban
                          4- 5 headrest TV monitors
                          1- 7 touch display for driver
                          3GHz computer w/ 2 video cards
                          1 video for the 4 monitor 2nd video for the driver
                          2 sound cards
                          1 sound for the 4 monitors 2nd sound for the driver
                          2 XBOXs
                          2% done

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hold the Select button down to get into setup mode (Like where you set the time). Scroll it to an option called Ext Input. Make that option 'Line Input' instead of 'Changer'

                            http://books.jvcservice.com/booklist.asp?Model=KD-LX1J
                            BossTone74

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by After_Forever View Post
                              I have tried switching to the AUX/Line Input instead of 'CD-Changer' by holding the function button in. The only options I have are CLOCK, BEEP and AREA.
                              Then I have tried about every other button combination with no luck. I just can not find out how to change this to line in. The radio is a JVC KD-SX830. I have found the service manual but no operation manual yet.
                              Can someone please assist this tight wod? I don't wait to buy another radio.........
                              I have connected my mp3 player to the input lines 6,7 and 8 as shown below. Now I am thinking that there just might be other connections in the plug that tells the radio that something is connected.?.? like tie pin 1 high?


                              most of my information gathered from:
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...nk-pinout.html
                              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...link-plug.html

                              Thanx!

                              DID You buy the j link adapter???

                              if not, you need too
                              BossTone74

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X