No More Carputer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Carputer

Well, I've done it. Two nights ago I took my carputer out of my car to use for another project. I'm really excited about the new project, but today makes the 2nd time I've driven to work without it. I never dreamed I would miss it so much. I had forgotten how much time radio stations use up on commercials.

And for the past 2 days, I haven't been able to remember to take any CDs with me. I'm so used to having all of my CDs with me everywhere I go, that now I forget to actually pick any up and take them to the car with me. I had no idea how spoiled I was.
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

this brings up the age old question
    "once you go carputer, can you ever go back?"

Comment

I already figured you couldn't, now it's proven
      List of front-ends/usefull apps
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

You know, I've ridden with other people since I've had the carputer. I've driven other vehicles. Even driven to work in other vehicles. But there's just some strange, empty, "something's missing" feeling in my car without the carputer.

I'm 32 years old, and like to think of myself as an adult. But I was close to throwing a tantrum because I was mad at the crap coming from the radio, and I couldn't hit the 'next' button until I found something I was in the mood for.

Edit: By the way, I drive 70 miles each way to work.
        www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Put the computer back in
          TruckinMP3
          D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I wish I could...but I'm selling it, after I build it into something else (really crazy).
            www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

That means it's time to upgrade !
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

.. so.. what are you making it in too.. ..
                CarPuter ProgressO meterO
                [+++++++++] 100%, 1Ghz Epia M,opus 90w, Earthmate GPS, 7 inch lilliput molded into dash, anything i forget?
                visit me on the web at
                http://gozips.uakron.edu/~cmk23/

Comment

Originally posted by microbionic
                  A head, he got his other one stuck up his ***.
                  [H]4 Life
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by microbionic
                    Originally posted by frodobaggins
                    A head, he got his other one stuck up his ***.

I can't tell you. Well, maybe if you promise not to tell anyone...It's going in a decommissioned that a friend gave me.
                    www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                      That means it's time to upgrade !
                      I wish! Unfortunately, I'll probably be without a carputer for a year or two. Long, sad story. Can't elaborate...please don't ask.
                      www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                        You know, I've ridden with other people since I've had the carputer. I've driven other vehicles. Even driven to work in other vehicles. But there's just some strange, empty, "something's missing" feeling in my car without the carputer.

I'm 32 years old, and like to think of myself as an adult. But I was close to throwing a tantrum because I was mad at the crap coming from the radio, and I couldn't hit the 'next' button until I found something I was in the mood for.

Edit: By the way, I drive 70 miles each way to work.
                        I thought I was the only one who drove that much to work.

Comment

Nope, I'm right there with you. I have a friend who drives about 85 - 90 miles each way 3 times a week. He works from home the rest of the week.
                          www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

Well I'm in the same boat I just sent my computer down to Chris at Opus...so it will be gone for a few weeks probably. I drove the car for the first time without it today...and man it sucked. I took my laptop with me and set it on my seat beside me so i at least still have music (i have no stereo other than my carputer in the car). Sound is crappy, its inconvenient to change songs... no gps

anyway hopefully it'll be back soon! just thought i'd share
                            Asus Pundit Barebones PC
                            7" Lilliput LCD
                            P4 2.8ghz 512mb 120gb
                            Windows XP Pro, VOICES
                            Sony Xplode 10in Sub, Rockford 600w amp
                            Pioneer 6x9's and 4x6's, Kenwood 4ch amp
                            Black Widow Alarm with Pager

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                              I wish! Unfortunately, I'll probably be without a carputer for a year or two. Long, sad story. Can't elaborate...please don't ask.
                              Ok, but at least grab an IPOD or similar !
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X