No announcement yet.

can anyone help?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can anyone help?

    this request isnt really carputer related but i htought u guys could help me out.
    i have a lot of mp3s on my computer and wanted to do osomething a bit different so i was gona buy a small shuttle pc and screen to put in my bedroom and run it through an amp and car components now what i need to know is there any way of gettin an amp to run off of a mains power supply???

  • #2
    You'd have to have a 12v power supply plugged into AC. These can be easily found, usually, at Radio Shack or mail ordered from any electronics distributor.

    Its usually recommended to get at least a 2 amp PSU but that's based on what you have. If the new fangled Radio Shack doesn't have them, I'd highly recommend mail order.
    Mind Scream out


    • #3
      maybe i shouldave mentioned i live in the UK we dont have radio shack out here at least i donmt think we do i never seen one, and gettin a 12 volt power supply would enable me to run a car amp off of the mains in my house