No announcement yet.

Palm Pilot Fornt-End

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Pilot Fornt-End

Hi guys,
    If anyone is interested, it is very possible to use a Palm Pilot as a front-end controller, and thus combine the display and control functions. There is an applet called "PocketC" which is very easy to use, and includes simple serial i/o. Check it out at "". I have started work on a program to implement this in conjunction with a WinAmp plugin. I'll let you know how it goes - approx 2-3 weeks.

PS : Heading should read "Palm Pilot Front End"

[This message has been edited by gandalf (edited 07-25-2000).]

Sounds interesting. I would be interested in this. I really need to start to program for my palm.

my $0.02 cents (value is based on the intelligence of the person reading this message)

Been there done that. goto They make palmamp does what your talking about. I used it for a couple of months till I got my lcd.
      <A HREF="[/URL" TARGET=_blank>

Gandalf, if you could write something like palmamp except with multiple playlist support or creating playlists on the fly with a database stored with id3 tags I would really be impressed, a man can always dream right?

Hey guys,

psalmx : I've tried using palmamp, but it keeps crashing my palm pilot to such an extent that I have to hard reset it.

topperge : Yep you can always dream. I plan to have a simple interface, but hopefully it will have playlist support, and a preference listing also. I'll keep you posted.