Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cover girl lipstick (don't worry -- it's on topic)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover girl lipstick (don't worry -- it's on topic)

I just received my Xenarc screen and Opus PSU in the mail yesterday. I had checked the tracking number the day before, and it said that the package would be delivered on Dec 2.

So, out of the blue, I sitting at the lunch table in the office with a couple coworkers, and the UPS guy comes in and hands me a box to sign for.

"COVER GIRL LUMINESSE LIP STICK", printed in big, bold black letters on both sides of the box.

"So, Chris, you wear silk undies too?"

Riiiight.

I took a quick look at the label, "mp3car.com." Whew! Uhhh, who the heck buys a *case* of lip stick??

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy this...

Christopher Jastram
    http://www.livingresource.net

Me too! Somebody buys a serious volume of lipstick!
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

AMD Sempron 3100, Biostar K8NHA PRO mobo, 512 meg DDR, WD 200 gig SATA, Opus 150, Xenarc
    JBL GTi 6.5 fr, JBL 5.25 rr, (3) JBL 75x2 & 1 1200x1 amps, PA MOFO 12 sub

Comment

Ziplock, do you have something to tell us? It's ok man, you can come out of the closet...we're a very understanding community
      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Maybe it's for all his hizzoes!!
        1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

Very funny. Ziplock is know for doing stuff like this. I remember a while back when he sent a package to someone and he used stamps to mail it out, instead of going to the post office and getting a lable. The box was filled with stamps all around.
            Installed
            Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
            512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
            Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
            [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

I got one of those with the stamps.. I think I prefer that to the lipstick.
              Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

I got several boxes with all those stamps. Aparently he was using up a stamp collection rofl
                CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

There's a cover girl packing plant here in Baltimore and I buy misprinted boxes from a box recycler. I just tell them what size I need and don't really get to pick what the box has printed on it.

Comment

I think you need to start mailing out the lipstick boxes covered in stamps, best of both worlds.
                    [IIIIIIIIII]95%
                    Dynamix 7" LCD Touchscreen Monitor
                    VIA Epia M10000 Motherboard
                    Samsung 40 gig 2.5" Hard drive
                    Slimtype LSC-24082K DVD/CDRW
                    1024MB DDR RAM
                    Morex 3688 case w/ psu

Comment

Sorry man...

I must say that it's a bit of let-down, knowing where the boxes come from...

Anyway, thanks for the screen. It seems to be working quite well. I've been busy all weekend (Actually, since Thursday) hacking apart the driver's side sun visor, and inserting the screen.

Note to anyone planning this; it's a hell of a lot harder than you might think!

All that's left is to glue the vinyl covering back on, and put some sort of decoration in an area to the left of the screen that I screwed up (knives and stupidity do not go well together).

I'll post a picture later on, and see if you folks have any ideas for mistake cover-up.

Thanks again for the screen! So far, I'm extremely happy with it.

Chris Jastram
                      cej102937

Comment

Uhhh, I meant picture of my mistake...

Also, I have to keep a fair amount of decorum in the decoration, since I occasionally give rides to the Rest Of The Family.

Comment

Working...
                        X