Questions for Arby.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Arby.........

Hey what kind of glue did you use to clamp the metal thingys to the plexi and also what did you use to cut the plexi?
    .:@m֧p:.winamp.win98.pentiumII.10gig

For the glue, I used "Household Goop" available at any lowes or home depot.

To cut it, I just used my trusty dremel clone. Mark a straight line with a yardstick and have at it with the cutoff wheel. Simple, and can be done in your room with the computer. Just be careful or wear long sleeves, becuase plexi will melt, and flying bits of molten plexi will stick to your skin

------------------
    http://mp3box.2y.net
    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Oh, and the best way to get started is to take all of the computer parts you are going to use, and lay them out on the floor (but NOT carpet). Re-arrage things and get everything to fit in an imaginary box the way you like.

Once you have a good idea of the layout, cut the six sides of the box, and start putting it together, bottom up.

...and don't glue all six sides, make at least one hinged or removable in case something ever goes wrong (it probably will)
      www.arbybean.com

Comment

I got most of everything out of the old case, I just cant figure out how to get the cd rom, floppy and the motherboard out!! the cdrom has a plastic housing around it and it wont budge! What should I do to get the mother board out?

Comment

I got it, bu t how di dyou mount the power supply and the hardrive??

Comment

Uh, I drilled holes in the plexi and screwed them in using the screws that were holding them to the case.

------------------
            http://mp3box.2y.net
            www.arbybean.com

Comment

Working...
            X