Computer refuses to Hibernate/Standby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer refuses to Hibernate/Standby

Well it happens like maybe every 5th boot or something. Not sure what causes it. I hit hibernate and it goes to the blue screen w/ the message "waiting to hibernate" and it just stays there.....i have to hard power it off.

any clues?

M10000
    512MB ram
    20gd wd hdd
    Delorme Tripmate on the serial port
    usb keyboard
    ps2 mouse
    linksys usb wifi
    my car's ECU on the usb too

bump. anyone know?

Comment

Does it do it more often when you are close to your AP? Mine did it the other day, and I'm sure it's the wifi.

Comment

not sure. i don't have dedicated AP. i just roam around :P is there some kind of shutdown procedure that i can follow for disconnecting the wifi during the shutdown/hibernate process

Comment

Not that I know of. Just disconnect it for a few days to make sure that's it, then worry about it.

Comment

Onboard video was what was giving me trouble with hibernation, I solved my problems by throwing in my old mx440 4x card.

Maybe it is something related aswell? I doubt its the wifi.

Comment

Got any other video cards to try? I'm running out of ideas.

Comment

well after usb wifi has been disconnected...i haven't had the problem yet......soo....what causes the wifi to not want to hibernate ?

Comment

No idea here. I had it happen constantly for 2 days, and then went back to working fine. Have you checked for newer drivers?

Comment

hm yea i'll check for newer drivers. thanks curiosity. at least i can hibernate now hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X