User Sites Status Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Sites Status Update

I have begun the process of redesigning the way user sites are created. Using the new process any user will be able to create a user site automatically. However to do this we had to terminal the use of subdomains for user sites. The new user sites will be accessed using something similar to the following url:

http://www.mp3car.com/user_sites

To gain access to the user sites options you will need to create a new MP3Car.Com user. This is seperate from your old user and UBB member ids. Once you created your login, you can access the user site creation option under MEMBER INFO.

At this time we ask all subdomain users to back all there complete site information. We will not be porting the new sites over. This will help us weed out dead users. The information will however be backed up so if you need it and don't get this message send a personal email to [email protected] Any other questions just post below. This is the begining of my new dedication to making MP3Car.com alive with creative energy. Hope you enjoy and be careful, I am coding as we speak!

[This message has been edited by moon (edited 03-19-2001).]

Moon, I believe we are all in unison in this statement. Thank god your back.

Comment

Since the old subdomain ftp is running on port 21 the new ftp is running on port 2000 at this time. I just tested creating a user and it automatically created a user and directory for me on the user. You can acess it by the following:

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/moon

Only problem is I got to weed out the bad apples. Such as MooN and moon accounts, I will figure that out shortly.

Comment

Yea! Moon's back!
        www.arbybean.com

Comment

umm, just a quick question.

how to we create a new account again, i cant remember how i did it the first time

thanks

ps Welcome back!
          ------------------
          My plans and progress on my install http://www.iweb.net.au/~hornet

[This message has been edited by hornet (edited 03-20-2001).]
          http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
          Australian mp3car Portal
          mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
          mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
          -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

Dont worry, i found it as you can see, it all works sweet got my site up already, TOP STUFF MOON

------------------
            My plans and progress on my install http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/hornet

[This message has been edited by hornet (edited 03-20-2001).]
            http://www.mp3vl.tk Plans and progress on my install - (Updated 28 June 02)
            Australian mp3car Portal
            mp3car related links Check them out / Add some
            mp3car FAQ - RTFF

[########==]80% Assembling
            -=Current Progress: Working Sproggy supply, building box.=-

Comment

It looks like the new site process is working well. At this time I have removed the old ftp server and moved the new user accounts ftp to port 21. There is no more port 2000. I am not programming the examples section to reflect the new member account and will be adding the features to the current member info page so that users may edit their page description. This should be done by 12 noon tomorrow. If you have any problems, feel free to let me know. I will be monitoring everything so I will keep an eye out as well!

Comment

If you need any help programming stuff, I did some work with ASP a (long) while back. I think I still remember some of it too :P

Comment

At this point users can edit there user site from the member info section. I have done the begining of the rating and will finish that up tomorrow morning. At that point I will start destroying the subdomains after I get an email out to everyone that has one.

Comment

I keep editing my user info but it doesn't save it
                    www.arbybean.com

Comment

Took me a dozen times or so to update my user info. if it ain't working just keep trying.

BoB

------------------
                      Check out My New Site

My MPrixThree car page

Comment

It continues to not update

Moon! It broked!
                        www.arbybean.com

Comment

Wierd, i updated my a half hour ago with no trouble at all

BoB

Comment

For those having problems updating. Try to update the fields one at a time. Then if it doesn't work for a specific field, just post what field and what text you were trying to use. Please paste the exact text. I can weed out problems thats way. Thanks. Voting is now in effect. Exmples are sorted by rating. I will start destroying subdomains shortly. I will have SPECIAL REQUEST subdomains, but I will not be wasting much time administerting them. I am also preparing to move the webhosting to the new server. This will be done shortly as well.

Comment

Yea! Updating one field at a time worked!

*happy*
                              www.arbybean.com

Comment

Working...
                              X