How about creating a Downloads thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about creating a Downloads thread

How about creating a downloads thread on this site? I see that there are different skins located in different forms and that you have to search for them. The same goes with alot of the beta software that people are making. I think it would be nice to have one spot to go to for downloads and have it organized just like the thread subjects are on this site.

Now if your prefer an FTP server, I can set something like that up (however because of my business, I dont want any pirated software on the site.)

Lets see if the moderators/admins will set something like this up, or like I said I would be more than happy setting up an FTP site with a generic login/password for members of this site.

I think that's a great idea. Just grab the login/passwords of all mp3car.com forum members and let them login to an FTP and upload things. Then you could just filter out bad uploads and relocate good uploads into a directory for easy access. I really like that idea.
    Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimey
      let them login to an FTP and upload things
      I'd make it official. No login, just free-for-all FTP downloads. Limit uploads to a select few to keep content clean. If you let everyone upload it will get flooded with crap.
      ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

Originally posted by EBFoxbat
        I'd make it official. No login, just free-for-all FTP downloads. Limit uploads to a select few to keep content clean. If you let everyone upload it will get flooded with crap.
        Good point, even better idea.
        Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

just need some input from the moderators. A simple mp3car username and password is fine. and we want people to be able to upload their skins and what not. So far alot of the files are small and I think a site that has a few gigs would be fine.

Comment

Working...
          X