Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to change the default setting for winamp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change the default setting for winamp?

So, you know when you put a CD in and XP will ask you what you want to do with it? Then you can check a box that says...do this from now on...

how do you change that?

I need winamp to open up when I put a CD in, a sound cd that is....for competition purposes...

anyone?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

yeah it's easy but i will have to check now - just wanted to get the 1st reply in befor anyone else! (in one of those 'at work and being silly' moods)

back in a minute

Comment

Right, the answer:

open my computer, right click on the drive and go to properties and click the autoplay tab

I would have posted quicker but i got a phonecall about lots of explosive chemicals and had to concentrate

Comment

lol - aighty - I'll try that tonight if I get a chance....I have so many loose ends to tie up before we leave for Padre tomorrow at noon it's insane...=]

thanks!
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i have winamp open at startup so it would automatically play a cd if you insert it
          99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

lol..........mkay?
            Jan Bennett

Comment

There's a better input plugin to play CD's. It uses the equalizer and will work with the standard and AVS visualizations, and has a few other niceties that escape me at the time. It's at http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=546

On the File Types option in Preferences, check the box that says "Launch Winamp for audio CD's" and you should be good to go. Scouse is on the right track, but his way will only launch the Windows CD player. Checking the box in Winamp sets the file association.
              JW™