Remote in VIA PDA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote in VIA PDA?

So, I did it once with my old PDA and my old CarPC, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to do it this time around with my Dell Axim x30 and current PC set-up.

Does anyone know of a link or know how to do it?

I just need to be able to remote in with Terminal services client so I can control winamp from outside of the vehicle.

I know that it will lock the in car screen, I don't care, I just need to be able to control win amp remotely and I'm trying to avoid having to buy a completely seperate remote

thanks!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Did you use VNC probably?
    EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

I'm wanting to use the Terminal Services Client

since it's already on the PDA and on the computer.....
      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Is this of anyuse, it will allow you to control Winamp via a webbrowser.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/browseamp.html

Terminal services should be easy to setup, are you using it wirelessly or using a cable?

Comment

no - no web browsing, no cable, just an ad-hoc connection where there is no wifi avaliable for internet....

I just need to be able to stand outside of the car and remote into the carPC with my PDA and control win amp for 30 seconds....play pause and track back, that's it....just for SPL purposes...

I started a post about it earlier and go no where

it keeps wanting me to VPN into the carPC....

I guess I'll just have to fiddle with it all the way down there
          Jan Bennett

Comment

I'll find your other post and have a look - can't be much wrong stopping it.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43696

=]
              Jan Bennett

Comment

bumpity bump bump.....I need help with this ASAP if anyone can help!
                Jan Bennett

Comment

ok - new news...

I have managed to get it to connect to the carpc....I get to where it wants me to enter in a user and password....

I have that all set-up, but I think I need to reboot just incase, but I need to wait till all the files have finished transfering then I will....hopefully that will do it!
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                  X