Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PC Mac Mini

http://news.com.com/Intel+shows+off+...3-5596629.html

For those of you that like the Mac Mini but don't want the OSX. It's still in concept but there is talks of going through with it on a "lunchbox" type scale for an Intel board. Could be interesting
    Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

very nice find!

=]

I like the part where Apple declined to comment....hehehehe
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Ive sed it t at least 10x by now.

THE MINI IS NOT COOL CUZ ITS SMALL, though that is a cool thing about it.
      ITS THE FRIGGEN COST OF IT. Apples are expensive, so many flame wars used that alone against apple. Now you cant. This is a BRAND NEW apple for $500. Thats friggen cheap for apple, though its not a POS.

If you like the mini but not OSX, you like the size alone and should be shot if you cant find a mini-itx or smaller for your "i love em tiny" mentality.
      (All done)
      iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

STFU

there have been like 10 threads with people flaming each other about why they do or don't think the mac mini is cool - go find those threads and flame those people, we might actually want to carry on a decent conversation here without someone YELLING at us about what they THINK and why they think they are right and everyone else is wrong

if yo have said it at least 10x by now, maybe you should take the hint, no one cares what you think, why? because people like to make up their own minds

sorry for being so harsh, but I'm tired of it, I really am

say you don't like it that's fine! but don't go and try and PROVE to the world why you are right and EVERYONE else and their dog is wrong, just because they have different views and/or taste than you

/rant
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimey
          http://news.com.com/Intel+shows+off+...3-5596629.html

For those of you that like the Mac Mini but don't want the OSX. It's still in concept but there is talks of going through with it on a "lunchbox" type scale for an Intel board. Could be interesting

I saw that a couple days ago and was going to put a thread about it... except for the part where it says "future" in description of this pc. Which in Wintel speak means whenever the hell they decide that just changing names of their processors is not going to get them into new markets. Every few years Intel or Microsoft show off some "future" product yet it never materializes. The only way I see this one actually coming to market is if Mac Mine takes a nice chunk out of Intel business. And I don't see that happening even with a lower price.
          I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Yeah, it's sounds like it could be vaporware. Once some empirical evidence of it appears, we should reconsider; because if true, this could be a great board.

I'm actually fond of the new mini Mac's...
            Check out my carputers:
            DVD, GPS, MP3, 6.4" LCD Touchscreen, 5" Headrest LCDs, PSone, DSSC, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rushnrockt
              I saw that a couple days ago and was going to put a thread about it... except for the part where it says "future" in description of this pc. Which in Wintel speak means whenever the hell they decide that just changing names of their processors is not going to get them into new markets. Every few years Intel or Microsoft show off some "future" product yet it never materializes. The only way I see this one actually coming to market is if Mac Mine takes a nice chunk out of Intel business. And I don't see that happening even with a lower price.
              but did you read the part where they talk about how they do stuff like this more to spur on the market and the other manufacturers? not so much because they are going to product it?
              Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                but did you read the part where they talk about how they do stuff like this more to spur on the market and the other manufacturers? not so much because they are going to product it?
                They always say that, but if Intel is not going to provide the chipsets to support a system like that, it is highly unlikely other manufacturers will. As far as sizes go, neither NVidia, nor AMD, nor VIA have exactly been pushing for smaller footprints. If anything, there is a competition for the feature set on a single board, but definitely not for the size. The new pico-BTX might prove more to be a boost in this direction, but I cannot find any manufacturers with ready mobos of that kind. So for now all I see this being is a variation of Detroit concept car, nice box and nothing inside, just to scare off the competition.
                I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki
                  Ive sed it t at least 10x by now.

THE MINI IS NOT COOL CUZ ITS SMALL, though that is a cool thing about it.
                  ITS THE FRIGGEN COST OF IT. Apples are expensive, so many flame wars used that alone against apple. Now you cant. This is a BRAND NEW apple for $500. Thats friggen cheap for apple, though its not a POS.

If you like the mini but not OSX, you like the size alone and should be shot if you cant find a mini-itx or smaller for your "i love em tiny" mentality.
                  Man dude I've seen that post like 4 times, same exact thing. It's REALLY annoying, not gunna lie.

And yes I know it might not ever happen but it's good to keep up to date with possible up and coming developments in the mini-pc market.
                  Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

Working...
                  X