neon owners...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neon owners...

i am looking into getting one. want to have xbox in it an in dash lcd. are the first gens easyer to mount lcds? how is the space issue mounting componets?

Hold on... you're considering buying an old neon and putting a carputer in it? You're crazy!

Have you ever seen the people's reviews about them? I guess not. Do some googleing about neons. Also neons have one of the highest, if not the highest, rate of depreciation (wonder why).
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Hey now....you're right. That being said...I know there's a few 1st gens with tvs in them and PS2s or Xboxs. Check www.neons.org if you haven't already.

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
        Hold on... you're considering buying an old neon and putting a carputer in it? You're crazy!

Have you ever seen the people's reviews about them? I guess not. Do some googleing about neons. Also neons have one of the highest, if not the highest, rate of depreciation (wonder why).
        hehe,
        Neons - The one car that sucks more than mine. I laugh every time I drive by a pimped out Neon.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
          hehe,
          Neons - The one car that sucks more than mine. I laugh every time I drive by a pimped out Neon.

be careful there, beware of the SRT4's!
          They will own just about anyone of us with their turbos and available upgrades...
          Iwill ZPCgx 2.4ghz cel, 256mb pc2700, external combo drive, 80gb 2.5 laptop drive, xp pro, usb gps, 7 in Lilliput TS , carnetix CNX1900. All mounted ghetto- still experimenting and tweaking.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymadbastard
            be careful there, beware of the SRT4's!
            They will own just about anyone of us with their turbos and available upgrades...
            For when they are running.... maybe. Depreciation still sucks elephant balls.
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If you can find an acr then go for it. It was my beginner car and it was fun to drive!

Comment

(ps: I don't like Neons)
                The SRT4 is still a Neon partially - except it is a fast car for the price and the targeted age group.

0l33l: Can't say anything about the body but I hear the engine is quite strong and can handle mods fairly well. Too bad it's still a Neon...

Had a friend who had one and heard it was fast. Never got to run him though (even tho I'm sure he'd pull on me at least a little) because he hit a deer and the car was totaled.

Comment

Neons are like fat chicks, it's all fun until your friends catch ya riding one or something like that
                  "I'm a dick!"
                  "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Originally posted by ksmyarse
                    0l33l: Can't say anything about the body but I hear the engine is quite strong and can handle mods fairly well. Too bad it's still a Neon...
                    My point is that the car is unreliable.
                    Review 1
                    Review 2
                    Review 3
                    Review 4
                    Nuff said
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Dude I'm talking ONLY about the srt-4. COMPLETELY different engine in it.....

Comment

Originally posted by ksmyarse
                        Dude I'm talking ONLY about the srt-4. COMPLETELY different engine in it.....
                        Different engine, same legacy
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                          Different engine, same legacy
                          Yep. SRT-4 may be fast, but it's still junk. They can't take much horsepower.
                          Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                          Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                          sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
                            Yep. SRT-4 may be fast, but it's still junk. They can't take much horsepower.
                            I hear that their engine can take quite a beating, till 500hp IIRC. But the rest of the car is junk.
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                            X