Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is someone a noob?

And what comes after noob?

There are some "special" people that will break the mold, but what would you say is a general rule of thumb? 6 months of having a functional in-car computer? 12 months? 1 month?
    A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
    My New Page

I dont have one and i ain't no noob!

I just don't ask noob questions cos i don't need to and would find the answer if i did as i ams ure it is out there!

I am of the opinion there are too types of noob:

1. the new person who genuinely doesnt know and tries hard and is cool about it and will one day become a useful member of society!

2. the sod who is annoying and wont do anything for him/herself adn annoys people and is rude and will ask the same questions over and over again and that person will forever be a noob (the bad kind) and thus will never be a useful addition to society and should be exterminated!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
      I dont have one and i ain't no noob!
      Like I said, there will always be members that break the mold. Like those with over 4,000 posts and yet still no carputer? That seems a bit atypical if you ask me.

My Ride
      My New Page

Comment

肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by maxxell
          Like I said, there will always be members that break the mold. Like those with over 4,000 posts and yet still no carputer? That seems a bit atypical if you ask me.
          Erm frodo has 7000 posts and no carPC yet!

I have half of my components but have not got the money to buy the rest and am developing some new hardware stuff to go into my install 1st so i can do it right 1st time - so leave me alone smartarse!!!!!

that told him!

Comment

noob had nothing to do with the status of your pc ... it has to do with your knowledge on the subect.

you stop being a noob when you can answer other noob questions ... and not ask things like "how do I power my PC?" and "how do I get audio to the PC?"

those are noob questions (not saying they shouldn't be asked)...
            My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Scouse admit it, you are a noob. An anal noob atleast

Comment

Well, of course there are forum-hogs that will break the mold. Those of us that go to work or school and log in to the forum just to see what new has been added dont count.

But you're typical first-time visiter who only visits the forum for answers to specific questions, as I would imagine the majority of the members do. I think we can establish a general guideline for noob-liness.

My Ride
                My New Page

Comment

I have seen some guys who gained respect on their first post, e.g. the guy that did the Valntine to PC interface, he had something to offer on his first post, too me, at least, he is not noob.

OTOH, using the word "mold" in every post indicates that the poster is noob

Comment

Originally posted by Chris31
                    Scouse admit it, you are a noob. An anal noob atleast
                    Chris, you got to stop this talk in every damn thread! Seriously dude!

oh and for you info i aint no noob in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by maxxell
                      And what comes after noob?

There are some "special" people that will break the mold, but what would you say is a general rule of thumb? 6 months of having a functional in-car computer? 12 months? 1 month?
                      Congratulations buddy, you got a life sentence.

Comment

What shakes said. When you aren't concerned with being a "noob", and when you can help answer questions (and also recognize "noobs"). You'll know.
                        1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
                        PC built into console
                        worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

Comment

Originally posted by Question
                          and when you can help answer questions (and also recognize "noobs"). You'll know.
                          so what you're saying is ... you'll know one when you aren't one?
                          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Originally posted by ddn
                            Congratulations buddy, you got a life sentence.
                            I stopped considering myself a noob when I first helped someone get through a problem that I myself had hit and figured out the solution to.

My Ride
                            My New Page

Comment

Any question that results of a are noobs reguardless of having a carputer, car, 2.21 giggabytes of juice, brain, slong, money, etc....

Comment

Working...
                              X