Rear looking video camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear looking video camera

Hey all, Does anyone know of any good reversed rear looking cameras? Needs to be wired, no wireless...Thanks
    It's not what you buy............It's what you build

a fellow corvette owner has one of these and loves it:
    http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/Merc...uct_Code=CCDMC
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

I have one of these. It's small and cheap, nice reversed image, works OK in good light, not too well at night (1.5 lux), FOV is not too wide - est. 90 deg.

Comment

this is what I got... it looks really good.. I think I'm gonna install it tomorrow!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

hey royn,

please post a review when you get a chance. i'm looking to buy two cameras, one for my car and one for my girlfriend's and i would really like to hear what you have to say about yours.
          my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
          wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
          company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

I hope to have it installed by tomorrow, and then itll be on my AV2 of the Xenarc... then in about 1.5wks my hauppauge should be here and then itll be native rearview cam in RR/NMC
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

hey royn, any news on your reverse cam? quick question. just wondering why you're planning on connecting the camera to the computer? with it connected to the av2 of the xenarc wouldn't it be able to turn on as soon as you give it power? so wouldn't that be faster than when you connect to a computer and you have to wait for it to boot or resume from hibernate/standby? i'm not trying to trash your idea or anything, i'm just curious about the pros and cons.
              my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
              wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
              company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
                hey royn, any news on your reverse cam? quick question. just wondering why you're planning on connecting the camera to the computer? with it connected to the av2 of the xenarc wouldn't it be able to turn on as soon as you give it power? so wouldn't that be faster than when you connect to a computer and you have to wait for it to boot or resume from hibernate/standby? i'm not trying to trash your idea or anything, i'm just curious about the pros and cons.
                My guess would be to use frodocam.
                oh wait... maybe not. RR/NMC
                Carputer status: [-*---------]
                Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Working...
                X