Lilliput problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput problems

Hi all. I have had my carputer up and running for a week now, had no problems with it, so I've decided to install it properly by making a housing for it to fit into my double din space. I've removed all the casing and left all but the speaker connected, but now it won't power up. Have I screwed it up, or is there something obvious I'm missing. Many thanks

hard to say,
    what do WE know now?
    >maybe some more info
    did you check the power

Comment

Check the ribbon cables! I all but gave up on mine, gave it to the woman and she reconnected them and it worked..! ??? I don't know man these things are a *****
      Toronto Prelude Club

Comment

I have checked all power going into the unit, and it is all fine. The screen was working fine until I installed the fascia in the dash, went to power it up and there was nothing. I will check the ribbon cables tonight, failing that, if I can't diagnose the problem myself then it looks like I'm gunna have to splash out on a new screen. Oh well. Thanks guys

Comment

Its not about power. Its about all the white flat cables connecting PCB and the screen. They go lose very easily and cause such kind of troubles for 99% people here. Did you (re)move any of them? Try to reconnect them again. Especially the widest one is most tricky.

Comment

look to the small white flatcable to the "keyboard", if you look good there is too many space in that connector.

i had the same and was very angry.......#$%@$ lilliput

but it was only that after 3 days looking

Comment

Correct. Got home last night and attacked it. Damn cables. After a little bit of messin about, I got it to live again. Thanks to all for your help.

Comment

I am glad to hear that. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Working...
                X