Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for mouse..

well i'm new here..
    currently i have an LCD monitor that I will soon be attaching to a mini-computer i'm building. i will most likely be using it to just run winamp and play music videos, and output audio from the PC.

now, for my question...
    since i do not have the money to buy a nice touch screen (for awhile anyway), i will have to use a mouse to get around. does anyone have any ideas or know from experience what works good, i was thinking of getting a trackball mouse and clipping it to the steering wheel, but i hate trackballs and plus the passenger would have no control then.

thx
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/zoned019/sig.jpg

Might want to use the search function of the forums

-----------
    http://www.meci.com/Catalog/Item/b7e...e-36b2266cfe9c
    seems to be an alternative

Have a great day
    "Geeks dont need girlfriends we can ping ourselves"

Sony Vaio 2Ghz 40G HHD, Routis 2004 GPS, 7" VGA TS Lilliput, BackUp Camera running RoadRunner with Simplistique Skin.

Comment

i think puttin it on the wheel would be junk. How ya gonna click the button when you are driving? or use the mouse? If i were you id get a small wireless one. If ya hate track balls then why did you think of it?
      searching can help ya too. oh and think about how you are going to controll the volume.
      I GIVE FREE HUGS!
      Buy Sell or Trade
      If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
      Thank you
      Forex
      Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

touch pad
        •Micke

Comment

Using a mouse while driving is extraordinarily dangerous because it requires hand/eye coordination. While you're coordinating, you're not driving.

I didn't have a touch screen at the beginning and this was a very dangerous distraction. Even the touch screen takes your eyes off the road for a second, although I find it fairly manageable. But a mouse...yikes!

I finally had to make a firm rule and stick with it. If I can't make it happen with a keyboard key (i.e. "next song" is spacebar), then I have to pull over to make the change. It sucks, but it was much safer.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
          X