Codecs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codecs

My media isn't working too well and i'm not sure which to use. Any suggestions? I'm running CF and installed Direct X already.
    My 2000 Accord Project

That makes a good idea. Someone on here should make a giant codec pack.

Comment

Try installing ffdshow first of all. It is much better than installing codec packs.

The latest build that I could find is here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...rs/ffdshow.cfm

Comment

Originally posted by DK888
        My media isn't working too well and i'm not sure which to use. Any suggestions? I'm running CF and installed Direct X already.
        Why type of media isn't working? There are many codecs out there for differant types of media. We need to know what you are trying to play in order to help you.
        There are plenty of giant codec packs already made.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
        Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

I can't play movies that I have on my hdd nor dvds that i have in my cdrw/dvd drive.
          My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

If your movies are in DivX or Xvid format, then installing ffdshow will allow you to watch the movies. However, it is not possible to watch DVD's without purchasing a DVD decoder such as PowerDVD or WinDVD.

Comment

try Ace Mega Codec Pack. Google it, and download it, that's what i use...

Comment

I used that one..Boynextdoor..but still nothing..yet i tried a trial player and it played on that software alone..still nothing for wmplayer and CF.
                Biostar, 512 ram, xenarc 700TS, opus 150.

Comment

try k-lite codec that will do the trick.

Comment

Try this app to determine what codec is needed:

GSpot Codec Info Appliance

Comment

I used the Ace Mega Codec Pack and the video is working but not the dvd. Everytime I play a dvd i get an error message that says "windows media player due to digital copyright protection." or something like that. Im so fustrated that my dvd isnt working, can anyone help?
                      My 2000 Accord Project

Comment

Which DVD codec did you install?

If you haven't purchased one yet, I hear that NVDVD is one of the best. I am using NVDVD 2.0, because it came free with an nVidia graphics card that I bought. But NVDVD 4.0 is supposedly even better.

Comment

Working...
                        X