No announcement yet.

OT: Auto-Dimming Mirrors

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Auto-Dimming Mirrors

Hey Guys,

Sorry for this off topic thread, but was woundering of those of you who have auto-dimming mirrors, which manufacture do you have and how do you like it? Does it dim dark enough with cars behind you?

I'm asking because I plan on replacing the mirror in my car with a Donnelly, Gentex, or Exon but am undecided at the moment. I've heard Gentex doesn't seem to dim enough?

Car'Puter Project
    - Xenarc 700TSV
    - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
    - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
    - M2-ATX
    - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
    - Garmin 15H GPS
    - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Mine came OEM so I dont know the brand but I like it
    Gives everything a green tint but it works really well
    2004 G35 Coupe project

I added the Gentex compass/mirror to my truck. It's exactly the same as the OEM mirror. It dims the right amount as far as I can tell. I've never had any problem with it. You can pick them up new/used for ~$100 on ebay. Whatever you get, you just have to make sure it has the right type of mount for the button on your window glass.
      2004 4runner

I've got the factory autodimming mirror in my Saab but I've installed Gentex mirrors in various friends' cars. No problems with the mirrors at all and Gentex is the OEM supplier for GM vehicles. You also get a few more choices with Gentex than Donnelly (Homelink, compass, temp, maplights, OnStar, tire pressure monitoring, etc).