ripping dvd into one file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripping dvd into one file

I'm trying to rip a dvd into my HDD, and have the whole DVD in one file. I downloaded various programs to decode or encript or whatever, and the only thing I could get was the movie saved in different files so that you have to watch one half of the movie, and then open other files to see the rest. What are you guys using to rip it into one file so you can select it from your frontend to open and watch the entire movie?
    Via epia M10000
    12.1" VGA touchscreen
    XP Pro
    OPus 150W
    120 GIG Maxtor
    512 DDR
    Geforce 5500 Videocard
    Audigy NX USB sound card
    Wireless Keyboard & mouse
    Panasonic slim line -slot load
    w/ usb adapter
    IRMAN

Download VLC. Drag the folder into the VLC application, it will play the entire movie without any problems.

Or if you have media center 2005, get the my movies plugin application.

Of course, this doesn't do any good for the carpc

Comment

I'm ripping with DVD Decrypter in File mode and then using Nero Recode to convert into .mp4.

Comment

DVD Decrypter and Auto Gordian Knot to rip to Divx. At 700Mb, the movies still look great.
        http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm
        7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
        ATVMS.com

Comment

I think DVD Decrypter will rip straight to a single file. You have to "stream" the file or something like that. Click on Stream Options, I think.

I had to do this with Star Wars to avoid the multilingual track jumping (it switched languages with replacement video in different languages for subtitles).

But Shrek II switched to French for the 4th section, so that was bad. YMMV.
          Carputer-II: Infiniti Q45
          Simple setup, NAV-only
          Tablet PC :: FP :: iGuidance

Carputer-I: '99 Honda Odyssey
          Dual monitor, separate outputs: Finished
          FP :: iGuidance :: WinDVD :: EPIA M-10000 :: Opus 150w :: In-dash/On-dash

Comment

try IMToo DVD Decrypter, I use it to decode 1 entire DVD to about 700-800mb .avi file with DivX codec
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

or, Dr. Divx.
              1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

For mac:

TFDVDEdit: lets you EDIT Video_TS folders and VOB files without an authoring program

DVD2OneX: recompress into various formats
                (All done)
                iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

I just read today in another forum about a program called ratDVD that converts the entire DVD including menus, extras, etc. into one file. Just like watching the DVD. They are using an MPEG4 codec variant that has yet to be disclosed. You can watch the DVD with WMP or other players. The file is a Gig or less, and can be reversed back to a DVD. And it's free.

http://www.ratdvd.dk/ is the link. I haven't looked into it myself but the comments were positive.

Z
                  Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

So the codec hasnt been disclosed means it is already working or not?
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

It's working, you can download and use it right now. (protected DVD's will have to be ripped using DVD Encryptor or similar)

He just hasn't disclosed the details of his proprietary codec, that's all. He has a bit of info on it on the FAQ page.

Z
                      Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93
                        DVD Decrypter and Auto Gordian Knot to rip to Divx. At 700Mb, the movies still look great.
                        http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm
                        best and easiest way IMO
                        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Im trying out ratdvd right now....
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Working...
                          X