All I can say is wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I can say is wow

Finally deciding I wanted to try and build and Mini ATX system for my first go. I have most of the parts, and scavanged a Slimline DVD and 2.5" drive from an Ebay laptop. The only parts I need to beable to start testing are the adaptors for the DVD and drive.

So I ordered them from the MP3.com store.

In the time it took me to print my invoice, go to the printer to retrieve it and come back (maybe talk to a few people inbetween, but no more than 5 minutes), there were 2 emails in my inbox. One confirming the order, and one with a USPS tracking number.

That is fast service, especially for a >$30 order. I know where I will be ording my power supply from when I need it.

Thanks,

Josh
    Joshua Jones - New Folk Singer Songwriter & Web Site Design (Yep, that's what it says)
    Plans:
    Micro ATX MB, 1.6 Ghz AMD AthlonXP-M, 512MB RAM, 20G 2.5" HD, Thinline DVD, 10" Touchscreen Display (Front)
    Web Log

Well the confirmation of you order is made autotically as soon as you click "sumit".

Anyway is a really good servece
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

That I was figuring, but I would assume a tracking number can only be given when it has been assigned one. Not knowing if they can assign a number to it before it has even shipped, I figured it has been boxed and labled already.

Joshua Jones - New Folk Singer Songwriter & Web Site Design (Yep, that's what it says)
      Plans:
      Micro ATX MB, 1.6 Ghz AMD AthlonXP-M, 512MB RAM, 20G 2.5" HD, Thinline DVD, 10" Touchscreen Display (Front)
      Web Log

Comment

you can print your own shipping labels with USPS, and you can get the tracking number with the label, (the tracking number is just an identification number for your package to the tracking info computers...) because you do it online so USPS knows to expect your package. so most likely they just printed off a label immediately and then packed it later.

but I agree, the mp3car store does a pretty good job getting stuff out to you quick, in fact I've got a package from them arriving today, that I ordered last thursday. took them about 24 hours to actually get it shipped out, but that's still pretty good.
        But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
        Originally posted by Viscouse
        I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
        eegeek.net

Comment

I spent a furhter $400 last night... it is already shipped (not only generater a tracking, but already on its way!)...

I love mp3car store!
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

yeah they are awesome, I always get a tracking number within a few hours

I always try to buy my parts there
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

Any chance of a UK or at least European distribution centre? The shipping costs to us on the other side of the pond are very high...
              FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
              EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
              8" touchscreen
              D-Link USB Radio
              USB GPS Mouse
              Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
              Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

We tend to use LinITX for our stuff over here in the UK FociMan

Comment

Cheers for that... Having a look now.
                  FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
                  EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
                  8" touchscreen
                  D-Link USB Radio
                  USB GPS Mouse
                  Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
                  Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

Yeah MP3 car store kicks ***. I ordered mine last Sat. and it will be here tomorrow.
                    2006 Audi A4 2.0TQ6MT

Mods:
                    APR 93 Tuned
                    Stasis SS Coilovers
                    OEM RS4 Rear Sway
                    Votex Skirts\Front Spoilers
                    Deval Rear Spoiler
                    18" BBS CO

CarPC:
                    Dell Latitude D600
                    Pentium M 2.00 GHz
                    1.5 GB RAM