Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall double Din HU removal?

ok,
    starting my install so go to remove the stock HU.... wont move, strip away anything i can around it to try make it a bit easier, try pushing from behind.... nothing, tried to look and see if i can see anything that might be stopping it moving..... nothing.

an one has the same problem? if so how did you get it out.
    anyone else got any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks
    Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub
    PC: BU-303, SB Audigy 2 ZS, Jetway 1.5Ghz, Cubid case, M2-ATX PSU, New 700tsv
    Toys:K8055 relay board, Elmscan OBDII

Type-R Mini

Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

There are 4 small holes on your HU, which may have small allen key screws in. Remove the screws if necessary, then insert a piece of wire into each of the holes - I cut up a wire coathanger into two "U" shapes. Push the 'U's in, push them away from each other to grip the HU, and pull.
      AstraMac

Power a Mac mini from 12v: Here
      Front end status: Here

Comment

sorry, forgot to say when i posted that i have tried using the keys, but it wont come out, turn out theres a bolt behind it holding it in place, the only thing is its not a normal bolt and its not easy to get to.
        got to find a way to get it off.
        Audio: Alpine PXA-H700 DSP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 amp, P152S Comps and Alpine SWR-1242D Sub

Type-R Mini

Comment

just leave your car unlocked round by a pub, go for a drink (non alcoholic) and it will be gone when you get back

Comment

lol that thaught did cross my mind

Type-R Mini

Comment

ok, got the f**ker out, the bold thing behind it was for the cage, so that wasnt the problem.

after 6 people trying to get the bloody thing out we decided enough was enough, and that if we broke it, who cares, i dont have a use for it! tock a huge screwdriver down each side from the top of it to get the front off - popper right off, no damage, was left with a few meta bits that we would pull on and a better view of the latches. shoved some little scren drivers down the side and the latch came undone, came straight out.

after we got it out we found why it wouldnt come out, 3 out of the 4 latches had been undone, but whatever we tried we couldnt get the top left one to undo.

what the top left clip looked like.

what the other clips looked like.

not sure how it happened but the clip got bent back on its self meaning there was no way it was going to come out.

i want to find the person that came up with this 'clever' system

Type-R Mini

Comment

many OEM HU's use this "key" system from what i can tell. when i pulled the HU out of our van it was easy to take out, but a major bytch to put back in. it had some little plastic peice on the bottom in the back to keep it on a rail (pretty much the same way dresser drawers stay on track) that was in the way so i had to constantly play with it to get it back in.
                Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Working...
                X