Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post from my truck....Thats right, Oh yeah.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first post from my truck....Thats right, Oh yeah.

Just wanted to share, IT'S ALIVE........HA hA ha. I'm online, In my garage. running off nothing but my truck. Everything looks great so far.

Heres a pic. I'm freaking grinning from ear to ear It's been running about twenty minutes so far, Not even a hiccup.......Yeah baby.
    Attached Files
    2003 100th harley F-150
    PCChips C3 VIA/eden, M1 ATX smart car.
    Here is my project so far: My 100TH Harley-Puter
    Ride safe

Buy my stuff: Stuff

Run it for another 40 minutes or so and it'll hiccup.

Congrats!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Cool. I can't wait to get mine going.

We should have a seperate section in the forum for "In my car" posts.
      1997 Corvette

Comment

Ok, How about an hour and a half? Here's a few more pics.
        Attached Files
        2003 100th harley F-150
        Ride safe

Comment

yeah, I't's pretty exciting to get your computer in the car online & feel the power......just think.....after you've had it long enough you will really miss it if it goes down or if you have to drive a vehicle without it......to me a pc in the car is as basic of a necessity as a cellphone or a/c, you just come to depend on it so much that you can't do without it....welcome to the club!!!
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Well, I guess I spoke to soon. It ran great for about two hours. I had a few more updates to do so I figured I would do them in the car. it got done updating and went to restart and it never came back on....It said windows was shutting down. The screen went blank and then nothing. Fans spin but thats it. I unplugged it and took it back out. Hooked it up to another monitor and my battery charger again and no signal to the screen.

I think it's time for bed :-(
            2003 100th harley F-150
            Ride safe

Comment

Originally posted by BADDERICK
              Well, I guess I spoke to soon. It ran great for about two hours. I had a few more updates to do so I figured I would do them in the car. it got done updating and went to restart and it never came back on....It said windows was shutting down. The screen went blank and then nothing. Fans spin but thats it. I unplugged it and took it back out. Hooked it up to another monitor and my battery charger again and no signal to the screen.

I think it's time for bed :-(
              Bummer.
              Don't lose sleep over it, you'll figure it out better after some rest. Good luck. It's part of the passion...
              Carputer status: [-*---------]
              Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Its a kewl feeling when you finally get it all finished and sorted. Mine has been operating without any problems, besides one crashed Hdd, (I dropped it 2 months earlier on concrete, so thats expected) for a little over a year now. Then I had to take it all out (sub box, amps, etc) to swap out a bad shock absorber, and also, heard about the bad caps in the via motherboard thing, so I chose to remove the PC and screen, dvd player, everything, and do a freshen up. I changed the caps etc and rewired some of the cables to make it neater. Then I noticed how much I missed it while driving around!! Within the week it was back in! New caps, new cables, new tank battery and simplified start up circiut (can now hybernate properly) and some more tweaks and improvements to the OS. Sweet!
                Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

looking good and congrats on getting her running.

I like the accent of the lights

Comment

It's been running about twenty minutes so far, Not even a hiccup.......Yeah baby.
                    Ok, How about an hour and a half? Here's a few more pics.
                    Well, I guess I spoke to soon. It ran great for about two hours. I had a few more updates to do so I figured I would do them in the car. it got done updating and went to restart and it never came back on....

Sorry that is just funny to me.. I know how you feel though. There is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS hiccups.. But you will eventually get rid of them. Eat some peanut butter!
                    Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Hey badderick is that a laptop LCD your running as a monitor??

Comment

Originally posted by jimlad20
                        Hey badderick is that a laptop LCD your running as a monitor??
                        It was an industrial touch screen. I took it all out and wired it to a piece of plexi. They do use the same LCD in some laptops though.

I haven't messed with it this morning at all yet.
                        2003 100th harley F-150
                        Ride safe

Comment

So anyone have any ideas of what happened? the wireing is all ok. I didn't touch anything. it just went to reboot and then nothing.

Gotta love computers
                          2003 100th harley F-150
                          Ride safe

Comment

you try clearing the CMOS yet? if it's not working even during POST (or not POSTing) the it's gotta be a BIOS issue, because obviously windows hasn't had a chance to screw anything up until AFTER it POSTs

and sometimes you'll get lucky and it'll be okay after clearing the CMOS.
                            But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                            Originally posted by Viscouse
                            I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                            eegeek.net

Comment

unless it's hardware..............
                              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
                              X