Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 aux devices, 1 aux input

hey guys

i have an xbox in my car that plays music through the auxillary inputs on my panasonic head unit. Yesterday i got a sony nehd5 20gb mp3 player for excercise and work but i also would like to use it in the car.

I know the easy way is an fm transmitter, but fm is ****ty. Therefore i need to take 2 aux sets and get them into one. I know there are lots of those little selector boxes, but that may look kinda ghetto, so finally my question comes to this:
    is there any possible circuit (my electronics raent that great) that could let me choose between which device gets played.

im open to any designs, i have a few of my own, but yeah
    help

cheers boys
    Progress 50%
    Next Step: Making Enclosure, Hard Wiring PSU

Thinkpad 1Ghz P3
    256MB RAM
    Lilliput Motorised
    80GB 3.5"

there is a simple mixing circuit you can make with a few resistors. They'll just combine the signals, so oyu cna do both at once. I forget the schematic and values though.

Comment

http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/linesum.html

Comment

I don't think he wants to mix them, just select one to play through the aux at a time.

You can run the signals to a DPST switch and select them that way.
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Originally posted by binary.h4x
          I don't think he wants to mix them, just select one to play through the aux at a time.

You can run the signals to a DPST switch and select them that way.
          Wouldn't you want a DPDT switch.
          Attached Files
          1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

yeah, my bad, twas thinkin in mono :P
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

oh okay,

so i would need 2 of these dpdt switches? one for each channel (judging by that diagram)

thx guys
              Progress 50%
              Next Step: Making Enclosure, Hard Wiring PSU

Thinkpad 1Ghz P3
              256MB RAM
              Lilliput Motorised
              80GB 3.5"

Comment

You should be able to just use one if you connect all the negatives together (grounds). Like this. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you can use common grounds)
                Attached Files
                1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-806
                  Fabricator

Comment

Working...
                  X