IRMAN ..add another "eye"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRMAN ..add another "eye"

would the IRMAn work ok if i solder another "eye" onto it so it has two ?

I wanted to have an extra one for the computer when I take it inside and the other mounted on the dash somewhere...
    anyone tried this or have any suggestions?
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

I think it will work ok, aslong as the remote doesn't see them both at the same time.
    Peter3
    PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
    sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

i am requesting some samples...
      I found a VERY interesting link about making an IRMAN /UIR device without a PIC to be used with Guirder only ( cost I think is $2)

check it out
      http://www.cesko.host.sk/girderplugin.htm

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

I dont think that device would be very sensative compared to the irman. Tell us how you go with the two IRMan "eyes". I spose it could work....

if it doesnt you could always run two IRmans on twin com ports!
        Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

That $2 IR receiver will use more CPU than an IRMan because the IRMan uses a hardware decoder. The $2 one requires special software to decode the infrared and thus uses more CPU power. It won't be as compatible as the IRMan either (with software that is).
          BoominVolvo
          http://olymp3.mp3car.com

Comment

would the IRMAn work ok if i solder another "eye" onto it so it has two ?
            Yes, I have been doing this for almost 1 yr now. If you take a look at my box, you will see what i mean.
            abcd-1
            Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
            You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Hey Charles where did you get the other IR receiver (eye) I believe the part # is TSOP1736 made by Vishay. I can't find it...

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

Originally posted by moahdib:
                <STRONG>Hey Charles where did you get the other IR receiver (eye) I believe the part # is TSOP1736 made by Vishay. I can't find it...</STRONG>
                there are a few equilivents to that part. I know that Sharp produce a variant that works....

Comment

The Dick Smith in Australia sells one for around AU$3.50 (~US$1.75) i think they do take international orders.
                  I'll check the part number and will post it here.
                  Here is they web site www.dse.com.au
                  Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
                  Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

Is the sensor the same as in VCRs and TVs?? I have a couple of them and am going to try one....

Comment

I have tried using a VCR sensor but it didnt work for me. I think they not sensetive enough and they use external amp.
                      But then again it might work with different sensors.
                      Fosgate

System Comp V3 - In progress.
                      Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

Comment

The VCR sensor I have can be used to directely drive a LED...

Comment

Originally posted by Fosgate:
                          <STRONG>I have tried using a VCR sensor but it didnt work for me. I think they not sensetive enough and they use external amp.
                          But then again it might work with different sensors.</STRONG>
                          yeah the one for the IRman has the filter circuit, etc, etc built onto it.... basically a IR sensor with a small IC stuck to the back of it.....

Comment

I got lucky and contacted a distributor for that same exact part and he is sending me 5 samples of the IRMAN eye =) (TSOP1736 by Vishay Telefunken)

yay!

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

My TL CarPC ver2

Comment

I got lucky and contacted a distributor for that same exact part and he is sending me 5 samples of the IRMAN eye =) (TSOP1736 by Vishay Telefunken)
                              Are you sure thats the right part??? it works at 36kHz, you might need a different one...

Comment

Working...
                              X