CPM25 or Neo35

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPM25 or Neo35

Anyone have any experiences with the CPM25 from www.cayplayer.com or the Neo35 from www.ssiamerica.com which are both the same player (which I still don't understand)

Just interested in any comments before I get it... I think the UI is a little cheesy but I'm not adventurous enough to build my own custom thing like others have...

Try http://www.neomp3players.com/

I have thought long and hard about getting one of these my self. This page will tell you everything you need to know.
    1983 BMW 733i
    Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
    Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

Been there done that.
      Was not bad.
      But not great.
      Time to move up to the 1u rackmount with a maxtor 100gig drive in it.

Comment

You know, a racknount would fit under my seat just perfect.
        I'd replace the SCSI hard drive with IDE though.....
        1983 BMW 733i
        Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
        Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

its a pretty nifty remote control they have made

RemoteControl LCD

a bit expensive and i believe it require some hacking ...

Comment

I want to make a system

Where the player just sits in the Boot, or beneath the seats

And a 'removable' lcd/control thing,

It's gonna be one hell of a connector to wire eveything..

Greetz
            Raas - The Netherlands
            ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
            GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

There remote is not very good. It washs out in the sun very very badly.
              And the connector they use to use is flimsy and pops off all the time.
              From the pics on there website it looks like they have updated the wired remote to a better connector but the screen still looks the same. The display screen in the head unit is great and never washed out. But you need a very deep dash to mount it.
              Good luck
              If anyone wants a docking station or 2 for the old neo 35 let me know i have one car mount and 2 computer mounts. Someone helped them selves to my neo35 a few weeks ago so the docking units are of no use.

Comment

Oh the hours I debated over the Neo35 or a home-built system! After many questions @ the http://www2.funmp3players.com/ site, which you should definitely check out...and buy from because the guy provides good service if needed, I went with the home-built. Why? Non-proprietary(I use Windows98), I can decide what screen size I want, the random-play feature was reportedly still somewhat buggy, and a very important point that if something broke in it it'd be a hassle to get fixed or replace. With a homebuilt if something goes bad it may be something removable like the soundcard or video card. Everything's on the board in the Neo35 so if one thing goes, like the sound chip, you're screwed until you get it back from manufacturer.

All that said, if you either really don't think you have the skills, patience, or time to build your own, then go with the Neo35. Out of all the mobile mp3 players I looked at I thought that was the best.

[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: Tony S ]
                P4 2.4GHz, Intel mobo w/onboard sound & video, 128MB memory, 100GB Seagate Momentus laptop drive, Xenarc 700TSV 7" touchscreen, IRman using Girder, 150W Opus dc/dc psu, Alpine CDA-9835 h/u, MBQuart speakers, Infinity 15" sub, MTX amps.

Comment

Working...
                X