audio input?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio input?

what would you guys suggest as the best audio input for a mp3 box in my car? i have a 2001 accord EX with an in-dash cd changer (i think its alpine brand..?) and was told it has no aux-in.. is there any good solution that wouldnt require voiding my warranty? i dont know too much about car audio, but have friends that do if theres a more complicated solution...

All you have to do is get an RF Modulator that has RCA inputs so then you'll just tune into a radio station to hear your mp3's

Comment

Actually it is a FM modulator... There is a difference...
      Jeff Seifert
      Work in progress!!!!! Website is on its way!!!!

Comment

but doesnt that heavily degrade the sound quality?

Comment

I don't have time to do it for you right now (I'm at work), but you could check crutchfield's site and check to see if there's an Auxiliarry Input Adapter available for your model.

~m
          PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
          Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
          BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

check out the k 5007 Stereo Transmitter on www.dse.com.au

Comment

if u have an amp you could geta switch box (or make one) and have both the computer and headunits audio inputs going into that and then out ofthe switchbox to the amp.

then u can just switch between the headunit or computer witha switch up by the driver side.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulzY:
                <STRONG>if u have an amp you could geta switch box (or make one) and have both the computer and headunits audio inputs going into that and then out ofthe switchbox to the amp.

then u can just switch between the headunit or computer witha switch up by the driver side.</STRONG>
                You could do that, but then you have to worry about volume control. And you will not have the additional amplification (however small it my be) that your head unit provides. I have been using a FM modulator for over a year and it works great. I doubt I will ever swtitch unless my head unit breaks, then I would get one with aux in.
                http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
                Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

you could use sotware volume control or put a pot bewteen the comp input and the switch box

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: PaulzY ]

Comment

Working...
                  X