Connect to the internet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to the internet?

What do I have to get to be able to connect to the internet anyware? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by UncleMike1
    What do I have to get to be able to connect to the internet anyware? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Computer
    GPRS phone with bluetooth
    Bluetooth dongle

Or
    Wireless adapter
    Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
    LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Check the wireless internet section, duh!

Comment

i've got a t-mobile PCMCIA GPRS card (GPRS may just be a UK thing - not sure if you guys have it in the States)

waiting for my motherboard to arrive tuesday (hopefully!) then i'll have everything i need mwahaha

as of half an hour ago, all the cables are run and my lilli is mounted, so i'm all ready - cant wait

Comment

goto Cingular, T MObile or whoever your cell carrier is. Goto the data section. Look for a PCMCIA wireless data card and plan.
          At Cingular, you can get the card for free and pay about $70.00 for nationwide unlimited access. Other plans are avialable.

You will need a pcmcia card adaptor, they make these as a pci card. about 30 bucks.

While I DO NOT have this setup, I can vouch for the card and connection speed as I use it at the office a good bit.

Traveling close to or on the interstate will get you about 120kbps tops. Not bad sure beats 56k modems. Just stay close to the interstates where the towers are, and you'll be good.
          03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
          Carputer Planning |---------*|
          Overall Implementation |---------*-|
          (Stereo complete)
          Computer installed and working

Comment

Originally posted by UncleMike1
            Easyest to use GPRS USB Modem. No power addapter needed. I use my phone before.

Comment

Originally posted by lexanite
              Easyest to use GPRS USB Modem. No power addapter needed. I use my phone before.
              Hey Lex, what kinda connection speeds do you get on avg?
              03' Toyota Tundra T3 Special Edition - Polk Audio speakers - Sony 4ch amp - RF Sub amp
              (Stereo complete)

Comment

Does it cost anything to connect vis GPRS USB modems? Any monthly fees?
                2002 Mitsubishi Galant
                Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
                Via M10K
                512mb Ram
                60GB HDD
                Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
                OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Originally posted by Cheekz185
                  Does it cost anything to connect vis GPRS USB modems? Any monthly fees?
                  Hey Cheek,
                  Yeah it will depending on the data plan or phone plan you signed up with. If you got like a media kit plan, you might have some small amount (intended for sending pics) but I would call your provider and double check.

You will charged out th ARSE if you don't have the right plan. Just for the record....
                  I had my cell (old Tmobile Nokia 6610 using GPRS) connected to my laptop from the most souther tip of Florida all the way to Hattiesburg, Mississippi with no problems checkin e-mail and surfin th web using my cell and usb cable.
                  It was basicly like using a 56k modem. We drove th interstates so th signal was good.
                  (Stereo complete)

Comment

Originally posted by techeros
                    Hey Cheek,
                    Yeah it will depending on the data plan or phone plan you signed up with. If you got like a media kit plan, you might have some small amount (intended for sending pics) but I would call your provider and double check.

You will charged out th ARSE if you don't have the right plan. Just for the record....
                    I had my cell (old Tmobile Nokia 6610 using GPRS) connected to my laptop from the most souther tip of Florida all the way to Hattiesburg, Mississippi with no problems checkin e-mail and surfin th web using my cell and usb cable.
                    It was basicly like using a 56k modem. We drove th interstates so th signal was good.
                    Awesome!
                    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
                    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
                    Via M10K
                    512mb Ram
                    60GB HDD
                    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
                    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

You will need a pcmcia card adaptor, they make these as a pci card. about 30 bucks
                      No if you have the VIA MII series MOBO
                      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                        No if you have the VIA MII series MOBO
                        Yeah that is a pretty sweet option... do you have this board? I forgot to look at your sig to see if you do.
                        You like it/have any probs wiff it?
                        (Stereo complete)

Comment

Thanks alot guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Yeah that is a pretty sweet option... do you have this board? I forgot to look at your sig to see if you do.
                            You like it/have any probs wiff it?

I have the MII12K....
                            I don't have my Sys specs in my sig..

I really like it. no a single problem so far no problems with wifi.
                            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Hey Lex, what kinda connection speeds do you get on avg?
                              Sorry 4 late answ. I did not activate 'notification'.
                              Its active now.
                              I use Satelindo 'Matrix' unlimited connection. My GPRS download speed vary from 1.2 to 3.5KB/s. Sometime not able to connect the server.
                              The GSM coverage for Phone is nation wide but the GPRS coverage different
                              with the phone. Big signal on the scale not guarante to get GPRS connection. Tech support difficult to contact. Many and many problems, but BETTER THAN NOTHING..

Comment

Working...
                              X